Model quality hair, skin, shapes

Airi Chau

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3868 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I've been playing sl for quite a few years now... BUT I have been on and off. I recently got off an almost 2 year break so I DON'T know whats good and whats not good out there anymore... My avi is pretty right now, but... I really would like to upgrade her. I want to make her model-worthy. I don't necessarily want to start modeling, even though It's something I have been interested in, but I do dance and I would love to have her look like a model. I know it's not necessarily cheap, but it's something I would work for to get whats needed (already have three jobs). I just want to know where I can get skins, hairs (preferably white/silver colored, I'm my master's white neko) and shapes that would make me look drop dead grgeous ♥ Much appreciated ♥

Now, there is no need to get rude. I have missed a lot in my break. I HAVE checked out stores and such but I have not found anything that is what I want. I like the delicate, innocent look. Very girly.... Images below are examples of what I like..  I'm in love with the face on the first picture (on the right side) ♥ And I also like curves.. Not too curvey though. And I love the look of some Asian avis too...

example1.png

example4.jpg

I hope I have helped.

So I've been playing sl for quite a few years now... BUT I have been on and off. I recently got off an almost 2 year break so I DON'T know whats good and whats not good out there anymore... My avi is pretty right now, but... I really would like to upgrade her. I want to make her model-worthy. I don't necessarily want to start modeling, even though It's something I have been interested in, but I do dance and I would love to have her look like a model. I know it's not necessarily cheap, but it's something I would work for to get whats needed (already have three jobs). I just want to know where I can get skins, hairs (preferably white/silver colored, I'm my master's white neko) and shapes that would make me look drop dead grgeous ♥ Much appreciated ♥

Now, there is no need to get rude. I have missed a lot in my break. I HAVE checked out stores and such but I have not found anything that is what I want. I like the delicate, innocent look. Very girly.... Images below are examples of what I like..  I'm in love with the face on the first picture (on the right side) ♥ And I also like curves.. Not too curvey though. And I love the look of some Asian avis too...

example1.png

example4.jpg

I hope I have helped.

So I've been playing sl for quite a few years now...

... and yet you never went shopping? You never read some fashionista blogs? You never looked at Market Place? Our ideas of beauty probably differ, my taste may be totally different from yours. I find many "models" particularly fugly, others find them beautiful. So if you ask around here for favourite skins and hairs you will get 32 different answers from 7 girls. For shape tho you will probably get the same answer from everybody: fecken do it yourself! There are guidelines about proportioning your avi available in blogs and even on marketplace.

Ok, back to business: for skins I lately found The Skinnery very appealing, Their skins are very nice without any added makeup. Suits my natural style, For hairs I don't really have a favourite shop. Maybe Dura's unisex hairs since I'm so fond of short styles. But I also love to look around in small shops like Droha.

As many other girls did as well, being a model was my first job in SL (after unsucessfully trying to be a whore) and contary to many other models I actually was booked for jobs. Not because I was so super beautiful but because I was different. One client looked at me and said "you look like trouble" and booked me right away. :smileyvery-happy: That was in 2007 tho, and times have changed quite a bit since then. Maybe nowadays it's better if you follow the  mainsteam and meet the average boring idea of prettyness.

I'm with Orca.  Tastes vary as to what is drop down gorgeous and what a designer looks for in a model vary too.  A certain look may be appealing for modeling haute couture.  Another look entirely may be called for if you model leather clothes for bikers or bdsm lifestyle. Then again some designers favor the young innocent adolescent faces on woman's bodies look while others only want a look many describe as a fish faced invisible pony rider or even a barbie doll look.  Whether any of these looks go over well for a dancer is another story entirely.

If you really do get into modeling and want a lot of modeling jobs you are going to have to have a variety of things in your wardrobe to satisfy the demands of various clients, even if you specialize in one type of clothing and you will be expected to change everything about your avatar on request to fit the clients tastes and needs for each outfit.

Bottom line, is to buy the best quality you can afford and choose a look that satisfies your idea of drop dead gorgeous.  I suggest you post some pictures of what you in your opinion looks drop dead gorgeous.  That way people can direct you to the shops that sell the items you need to achieve that particular look.

I totally go along with Orca. And I can also confirm that being pretty is one thing, but catching ones eye a totally different thing. Many avatars in SL could be called pretty, if mainstream beautystandarts of the western media are used, but I noticed that, being a little bit (or much) "different" than that causes a spark that will lead to some showing true admiration and giving true compliments and interest.

How I know that? After being furry at non-furry places, being an sci-fi elf, a demon and wearing a dozen "out of the norm" clothes I think I can confirm it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3868 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.