how do I report a copybot

G8r Starship

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 225 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Someone wants me to wear a particular av of which the mod is no longer available so they can copybot the textures, how do I go about reporting them ? Blocking them is not an option, though I can't see or hear them, they can see and hear me and still rip the textures from the av if I wear it.

7 answers to this question

Someone wants me to wear a particular av of which the mod is no longer available so they can copybot the textures, how do I go about reporting them ? Blocking them is not an option, though I can't see or hear them, they can see and hear me and still rip the textures from the av if I wear it.

How about just blocking this individual and moving on with your SecondLife.

You are not the owner of the object rights and can not file a DCMA request. All you have is the nonsense ramblings of another person asking you to do something silly.

Towards this end:

How to block a person or object

When you block another Resident or an object, you cannot:

• See text chat, hear voice chat, or receive IMs from that person or object.
  • See particles emitted by the blocked avatar or object.
  • Receive items from the blocked object.

Likewise, a Resident on your Blocked List cannot hear or see voice or text chat or receive IMs from you.

How to block someone

There are several ways to mute voice chat inworld:

• Right-click on the avatar and choose Block.
  • Select Communicate > NEARBY, right-click the person's name and choose Block/Unblock. A small red icon appears next to the name.
  • Click the Chat button at the bottom of the Viewer window to open the NEARBY CHAT window, mouse over the Resident's name, click the small "i" icon, then click the gear icon and choose Block.
32px-KBnote.png Note: If you IM with, Pay Linden dollars to, or give inventory to someone you muted, that person is automatically unblocked. Chat history informs you of what's happened.

How to block an object

After you block an object, you cease to receive messages or items from it.

First, locate the offending object. If the object is making noise, you can find it easily by selecting the following settings in the View menu: World > Show > Beacons > Sound Sources.

Objects that are making noise are highlighted with a yellow beacon.

To block the object, right-click on it an choose Manage > Block.

Well then feel free to file an A.R. but don't expect any action on Linden Lab''s part. It is NOT against the TOS to say "Hey there, I want to copybot you avatar" - This simply sounds like a braggart in you local group.

Wear all your avatars, have fun and ignore this idiot.

They have already won round 1 because they have you 2nd guessing your SL.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Filing-an-abuse-report/ta-p/700065

Good evening. I ran into a strange problem. I am receiving notifications about this person [name redacted by moderator]. But I didn't add him/his as a friend. However, his name appears in my bot-dog settings, offering to appoint him as a friend. Please help me.

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Confused 1

On 9/10/2023 at 2:00 PM, LadyKaiken said:

Good evening. I ran into a strange problem. I am receiving notifications about this person [name redacted by moderator]. But I didn't add him/his as a friend. However, his name appears in my bot-dog settings, offering to appoint him as a friend. Please help me.

Why are you even starting an unrelated topic in a 10 year old Q&A thread?

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 225 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.