Trying to fix 'red cloud' in Firestorm, and detatching an item

Ori Perl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3879 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm currently using the Firestorm viewer, and I noticed that my avatar is the red cloud (of death?). I tried logging out to fix it, but that didn't help.

I tried to follow the directions on this link: 'Bake Fail',

But I have no idea what it means by a hair base. I have the shape, skin, and eyes (easy enough), but the hair base is...no idea.

I also somehow attached one of the items in my inventory to my avatar, and it's not wanting to detatch either- not sure if this caused the red cloud, but it's not wanting to go away. I clicked over about where it would be on my avatar, tried through the inventory-still no going.

Edit:

Tried THIS link, and nothing is working from there either

3 answers to this question

I'm currently using the Firestorm viewer, and I noticed that my avatar is the red cloud (of death?). I tried logging out to fix it, but that didn't help.

I tried to follow the directions on this link: 'Bake Fail',

But I have no idea what it means by a hair base. I have the shape, skin, and eyes (easy enough), but the hair base is...no idea.

I also somehow attached one of the items in my inventory to my avatar, and it's not wanting to detatch either- not sure if this caused the red cloud, but it's not wanting to go away. I clicked over about where it would be on my avatar, tried through the inventory-still no going.

Edit:

Tried THIS link, and nothing is working from there either

Your hair base is the bald cap that you wear under your prim hair.  Changing your hair base is one of many strategies that force the servers to render your avatar again.  If you don't happen to be wearing a hair base, because you are wearing mesh hair with an alpha layer, for example, then don't worry about it.  Use another method.  The methods recommended at http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_bake_fail almost always solve a bake fail problem. 

If all else fails --- I wouldn't normally say this was necessary -- you can reinstall firestorm.  If so, do a clean install.  Here's how >>> http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_clean_reinstall

Everyone has a hair base, it's one of the four essential things that can never be taken off, only replaced by another item of the same type.  Look in WORN, and you will see one item that has the inventory symbol of a head of hair.  Regardless of what it's called...hair base, baldy, eyebrow shaper, or system hair...that's your hair base.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3879 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.