on my phoenix firestorm 4.4.2 viewer i had the camera controls permanently on display at the top

fourbees

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3926 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

on the firestorm viewer 4.4.2 i had the camera controls permanently displayed at the top of the screen so i could zoom camera around my avatar. Somehow i lost this control box and cannot find a way to get it back. I did a clean reinstall and still can't get it. Can anyone help me get this back on my screen?

4 answers to this question

on the firestorm viewer 4.4.2 i had the camera controls permanently displayed at the top of the screen so i could zoom camera around my avatar. Somehow i lost this control box and cannot find a way to get it back. I did a clean reinstall and still can't get it. Can anyone help me get this back on my screen?

But it might be better to learn the keyboard shortcuts for this...it will save you screen real estate.  For example, hold the ALT key and the left mouse button, then move your mouse.  (The mouse cursor must be on an object or an avatar or land, not sky).  CTRL+ALT and mouse movement to tilt up and down.  Mouse scroll wheel alone to zoom.

That floating camera control is a royal pain, IMO.  It eats valuable screen space and it is slow as molasses.  As Lindal says, it's time to learn the keyboard/mouse shortcuts.  Here's a handy diagram to get you started with using your mouse.  For the equivalent keyboard shortcuts, just substitute your UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT arrow keys for the directions you would move your mouse.

f_SLcameraconm_43a804a.jpg

Have fun practicing!

==========

Many thanks as always to SL veteran Chosen Few, who used this diagram to teach me almost 7 years ago. It was one of the most valuable newbie lessons I got from anyone.

• Like 3

Look among your clicky buttons on the bottom and/or sides of the screen for a button with a picture of an eye and/or the label "Camera Controls." Clicking that button will show the controls; clicking them again will hide them. The location usually is remembered; sometimes it goes back to the default if you do things like reinstall, run a viewer that has a radically different interface like Singlarity, or look at it funny.

If you don't have a button matching that description right-click the ones you do and select the "Toolbar Buttons" option. This will bring up a box with all the possible buttons. Drag the appropriate button somewhere handy. The controls will pop up in the same place regardless of where this particular button is.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3926 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.