IF LL ISN'T GOING TO FIX HOVER BUG....

Miko Kuramoto

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3943 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

then just give us back the Z-offset ability ( I use Firestorm TPV)

This hover bug has been reported numerous times since LL decided to implement it and it is still unresolved.  What were the beta test results?

I'm getting tired of having just my head stick out of the ground whenever i need to change my height.  Thank you.

then just give us back the Z-offset ability ( I use Firestorm TPV)

This hover bug has been reported numerous times since LL decided to implement it and it is still unresolved.  What were the beta test results?

I'm getting tired of having just my head stick out of the ground whenever i need to change my height.  Thank you.

Miko Kuramoto wrote:

it's been done, awhile ago along with a lot of other people -- the mods are closing them as "duplicates" so the original is buried somewhere.  Way to go LL.

If the thing does not get fixed, maybe we just need to open new bug reports - over and over again.

If not anything else, at least it might help towards that direction that Linden Lab will realize that it was not very excellent idea to hide the bug reports from general viewing. Just extra work for them in closing duplicates as we have no way of knowing what bugs have been reported already. Ufff..

Darien Caldwell wrote:

Or go to Oz Linden's office hours inworld and bring it up. Times and locations can be found here:

It could well be that hiding the bug reports decision was made in higher level.

Oz's hands might be tied up concerning this matter.

I don't know actually any better, just my wild guess. :smileywink:

You probably misunderstand the meaning of closed, duplicate report.

As users cannot see each other's reports, the Lindens note the report and close it as they only need the teams working on A FIX, single fix. Open reports are things that need a fix and denote a 'project' for someone to sort on. Somewhere in the system is the active complaint that will be considered for repair. All other reports will be closed. Its just how the Lindens do things and that in part is influenced but how the JIRA works and its limits.

Because most cannot see the reports it is not possible to vote for or watch reports to provide a measure of the 'pain' and issue is causing. But, the Lindens do read each new duplicate report and I suppose tabulate the number of repeated reports. Their advice is not to worry about making dupicate reports, just report problems you have.

In the last 30 days 246 BUG reports have been filed. That is not even 10/day. Of those 144 are shown as resolved. Some part of that 144 is likely duplicates. So, there are at least 3 new problems per day being reported. That is not very many. They can easily read every single report filed.

If you see a problem you want fixed, file a Bug Report. Avoid having hurt feelings when it gets closed. It isn't being ignored, unless they say it is an intended behavior and won't be fixed. 

Nyx Linden added the Height Adj to Appearance on his own time. The single setting is a compromise between the large adjustment needed for tiny and giant avatars and fine grained control for human sized avatars. It is not an ideal solution. But, it will have to do until they get a better fix on the schedule.

Appearing at Oz and Nyx's meetings once a month, or however often seems right to you, will get a tiny bit of push to increase the priority for an issue fix. Done well it is influential. Done poorly it just tics off the Lindens. 

Those Lindens at the user group meetings are not upper management, as best I can tell. So, they cannot decide what to fix or ignore. Still, you want them on your side. Usually when you can explain why something is important to users, the Lindens support the fix. That doesn't mean it happens. But, the chances are way better when you have a Linden advocating a fix at the Lab's internal planning meetings.

Nalates Urriah wrote:

You probably misunderstand the meaning of closed, duplicate report.

I understand the present bug reporting system (I have read your posts and blogs about it earlier). :smileywink:

When the reports were open for all to view (and even comment) it was better for us the users. If I had some issue I could check myself had such issue already been reported. If it was, then I didn't need to report it anymore myself. Often I could get useful information for myself from the open bug reports. I'm curious about technical matters and I'm keen to know how things are going.

I can understand why Linden Lab did what they did. The open commenting in the old JIRA surely was no joy for them as often they turned out to be an open forum for all kinds useless comments and also ranting.

I wonder though would it cause them any trouble if all could view but not comment the bug reports?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3943 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.