What are the best ways of stopping anyone/anything from 'killing you' on a Damage enabled sim?

DoctorEigen Flow

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3915 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

What are the best and the surest ways of stopping damage occurring on a damage enabled Sim.  I used to think it was sitting on the ground, or on a non-phys prim, but apparently, you can still die.  I tried sitting off sim, in the void, but somehow you can still die there too.  So what are the surefire ways of protecting yourself, from damage on damage enabled sims?

5 answers to this question

What are the best and the surest ways of stopping damage occurring on a damage enabled Sim.  I used to think it was sitting on the ground, or on a non-phys prim, but apparently, you can still die.  I tried sitting off sim, in the void, but somehow you can still die there too.  So what are the surefire ways of protecting yourself, from damage on damage enabled sims?

I know of one way, but before I decide whether to say what it is, may I ask why you want to know?   Please don't be offended, but, as a sim owner and manager,  my suspicions are always aroused when people want to know how to circumvent features that have been enabled by the sim's owner.

Why visit damage enabled sims if you don't want to risk people shooting at you and thus tping you home?

Have a look at this old but interesting discussion about shields:

http://forums-archive.secondlife.com/327/9f/160562/1.html

You may also want to check the MP for anti damage tools:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/products/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&search%5Bcategory_id%5D=&search%5Bmaturity_level%5D=GMA&search%5Bkeywords%5D=shield

Or, you can simply avoid damage enabled sims and stay cozy by the fire at home. :D

Just don't go on damage enabled sims. All I encountered which have enabled that setting have a reason to do so. Mostly because its part of some game or roleplay. I've never seen any sim that had it enabled without a reason.

There are plenty of nice sims to hangout instead. Or you could buy yourself a weapon and kill others before they can kill you...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3915 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.