my body is invisable or cloud to everyone all the time

Brandi Whittenton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3070 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I see myself fine but everyone else see's me as invisble ecept hair  and shoes and eyes, or  as a ghost

I have done a full clean install of the new viewer 3 times ( new version)

at lest 20 chache clears

10 manual cache clears

reset router

my alt on SL  is fine so I don;t thinks its the viewer

even the  test AV is not working

I was greifed a week back  and this all started to happen ( not sure if it was part of it )

I relog and was fine then this all slowly started to happen 

was only when I went to some sims

now its everywhere I go

getting to the point I want to sell my land and go back to free  membership if going to stay like this

gettin suggestions from LL  but only 1 per day

I have DJ shows I do and host events

You first posted this problem here:  http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Your-Avatar/My-AV-is-deformed/m-p/2156405#M35532

I asked you which viewer you used.

Are you on wireless or cable?

You do not need to clear your cache.

If your alt is fine on the same viewer, it sounds like your avie is corrupted.  I would remove everything but your shape and skin.  EVERYTHING..including HUDs and any other attachment.  Do this in a quiet sim such as Hatton (underwater).

Report back your findings.

Make sure that your inventory has completely loaded before you try to remove everything as above.

1) Go to your inventory and look for a folder labeled "Current Outfit." You should have one and ONLY one and it should be sitting out in the main part of your inventory with the other system folders like "Textures" and "Objects."

2) If you see more than one "Current Object" folder (a duplicate might be hiding in another folder too," take out a support ticket: https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

I'd use the "Account" category. Say that you need your inventory repaired - mention the phrase "I may have the problem described in SUN-99" - they'll know what that means.

WHY I SAID ALL THAT:

The "Current Outfit" folder is what the server-side appearance system uses to determine what you're wearing. Now it's impossible for that folder to be moved or deleted but that wasn't the case when it first came into being when Viewer 2 was released. If someone moved or deleted that folder the system would create a new one where it was expecting to find it. That wasn't a major problem before when the viewers did the "baking" for avatars but now that the servers do it having more than one Current Outfit folder is a Very Bad Thing. The servers don't know exactly what they should show you as wearing and you can see problems like  you're describing.

Brandi Whittenton wrote:

do have another  current outfit in another area

You should have your inventory fixed in a few days - you can watch the status of your ticket. One of the Lindens mentioned in a meeting that they've located all the accounts that have this problem  and they're working on a way of fixing them automatically too.

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same problems except i'm on imprudence viewer 1.4.0 beta 2 optimized viewer and i can see myself fine, its everyone else that cant see me , also tried the bald bases (i dont wanna be smoke, ruthing, you name it) none of it works, i filed a ticket , no one helped...  i've taken all Alphas off, all huds, everything but the white shorts like in the beginning, followed instructions to the T, redressed myself in normal outfits... i still see myself and my skin fine, everyone else can't.

Any suggestions? I'd apreciate it, Thanx.

• 2 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3070 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.