Trying to refund a customer but get the message ' Failed to pay (Avatars Name)!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4063 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,

I'm trying to refund a customer.  I've tried a couple of times now and keep getting the message 'Failed to Pay (Avatar Name) L$XX'

I've got the funds in my account and I've paid an alt (whose not on my friends list) and it worked. I've also refreshed my account a few times to see if the money has gone (and it hasn't).  Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

I've never heard of that error before but I do have an idea you might try. Give the correct amount to your alt and have your alt pay the customer. If your alt gets the same message, then I'd conclude that there's a fault at the customer's end and you can't do anything about it.

I wonder if it's possible to pay someone who is 'Busy'. It ought to be but it's a thought. .... I just set my alt to 'Busy' and successfully paid it, so cancel that thought.

ETA; You could try asking someone else to pay the customer, as a test. If you like, PM the name to me and I'll see if I can pay 1L.

I can't offer any reason for this but almost the same happened to me the other night. After already buying a couple of outfits at a Fair, I tried to buy a $1L gift from another seller and couldn't despite funds being available and showing in-world. I kept getting a message similar to the one you quote and just could not pay this resident.

All I can suggest you do is contact Billing Support.

It's not only possible to pay a busy avatar, but also a one who has muted the payer, this was the source of some annoyance a while ago, when somebody in my place muted a pesterer, who then kept paying her L$1 at regular intevals to make her have to keep seeing the blue popup with his name on it.

Yes, I added that it's possible in my post.

I would have expected that paying a muted avatar would unmute it, but I wouldn't have expected it the other way round, although you didn't actually say that the avatar became unmuted. It would be interesting to test that.

ETA: I tested it and it doesn't unmute the muted avatar. What I did notice with the current viewer is that a message can be sent with the payment, so, by paying, a muted avatar can actually talk to the one that muted it.

Thanks for your replies.  I teleported to another region and still got the same message.  I then got my partner to send the money and he got the same message, so it looks like its on her side.  The customer isn't online yet, so hopefully we can get it sorted out when she is.  Thanks again :matte-motes-smile:

ok so here is a solution if you cant find a way to pay this customer

There is a script called "pay&die" (type this in your search in mp)

its only 50 l$ 

you rezz a cube and you add the script in it. it will ask you to grant your debit perms. you open the script and you change the ammount you want to give.

you ask your customer to come and click the cube to get her refund. Once s/he will clik, s/he will get paid and the cube will vanish.

Before she comes, dont let the cube alone in your store, bec anyone coming there will be able to click it and get the refund lol.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4063 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.