Going from furry to animal

Kangen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4056 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been a furry since I started SL I have a DSD Fox but I have just seen a new realistic white Tiger thats due out in 3 days. (2 if I win a raffle fingers crossed). It looks amazing and realistic which is what drew me in but i am so used to being a furry I don't know if its worth it.

What do you think are there enough personalisation options to justify going into an animal avatar or do you think there is just not enough out there to adapt and change?

Just because you use an animal avatar doesn't mean you have to roleplay being that animal all the time. I've been out exploring SL, going to clubs and contests and stuff while wearing a full animal avatar lots of times, and I've only met people who think it's cool. I think you'll actually get less negative attention than while being a furry, as there aren't as many negative ideas on what animals are like.

But there's really no need to pick just one. Be a feral tiger when you want to, then go back to furry when you feel like it.

I'm also curious what this tiger avatar is. Who's the creator? It can be really hard to find good feral animal avatars, so I like to keep an eye open for new ones coming out.

What Tex says doesn't even apply to you. You seem to mistake you for a roleplayer or someone with a special kink (why else did he mention ponygirls, who have absolutly nothing to do with animal avatars at all).

From your time as a furry, you may already be used to the fact that your head was less customizeable as a human avatar, but still you were able to be "you" not just some random fox. With an animal avatar you will struggle quite more to archieve the same. From my experiance I bet you will have zero to very little options to easy customize yourself.

You don't have clothes, tattoos or hair for example to get a unique look, because you give up all of the standartavatarbody. But still there are people who enjoy being an animal avatar and you will discover that many react quite positive towards you (be prepared to be called cute a lot) :catwink:

Try it and see for yourself, you can always go back or only use it parttime.

I can see there is some Split on the idea, The reason I ask is, as with any avatar if you spend L$ on it you want to know you will use it and enjoy it. I am in no way a role player I enjoy watching senarios they can be played out very well but for me, no to participating.  I suppose Its a risk as with any avatar. Time to save incase I lose the raffle... 

Nyx. The White Tiger is being made by  a place called CCO (Clear Creek Outfitters) I can drop you my land mark in Pm or on here which ever you prefer. 

They have models to look at on their land, I put my settings up to Ultra and they look amazing but my laptop crashed not long after xD Typical, Oooh ooh and it already has a skin uV map texture thingy so you can edit and alter your own skins, i wanna make a Battle cat from he-man xD

Doesn't it!!! I thought about being a cat but the avatars are too small... Werewolves (in my opinion only) have been overdone, dragons... just no. I have a horse its ok but the wife gets jealous when other avvies ask if they can ride me... 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4056 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.