Failed to find database and my avatar is grey

Balthier Forder

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3908 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hi i was wondering if anyone could help me, i keep getting a Failed to find database and my avatar is also grey wen i log in. i have tried rebaking, clearing cash, switching viewers and i have tried typing worn. but i keep getting the same thing. i also appear invisible to other people and im going crazy with it. its making me think of deleting my acount but i dont want to lose the money i have spent on the stuff i have.

Can Anyone Please Help me?

I dont know how much more i can take

Thank you.

Balthier Forder wrote:

hi i was wondering if anyone could help me, i keep getting a Failed to find database and my avatar is also grey wen i log in. i have tried rebaking, clearing cash, switching viewers and i have tried typing worn. but i keep getting the same thing. i also appear invisible to other people and im going crazy with it. its making me think of deleting my acount but i dont want to lose the money i have spent on the stuff i have.

Can Anyone Please Help me?

I dont know how much more i can take

Thank you.

Sounds like you were last wearing something that became corrupted in the inventory for some reason. If you open the "Current Outfit" folder in your inventory it may show a broken link. If you go to the "Library" part of the inventory and put on any of the default avatars you should be able to at least rezz and then you can try to find out what the problem item was.

Welcome to Second Life Answers, Balthier

Be assured this kind of thing happens to most of us at one time or another, and it can be sooooo frustrating, I'm sure many of us have also felt at the end of what we can take, just like you do in this moment.

Bring up the Advanced menu if you don't already have it (press Ctrl Alt D at the same time to show Advanced Menu), and find the option within it to do a Character Test. 

You say you have cleared cache. Also do this. And then relog, but change your start login location to Furball or Quarrel, which are just empty lag-free sims and then leave your avatar there and go for a walk around the house and do other stuff for 30 minutes.  By the time you return, you should find your inventory and avatar will have loaded fully and you should be able to replace your avatar's skin, shape, hair, etc., and get it how you like it again.

Please let us know how you get on, what works for you, by adding to your original post using the "options" button at the top right hand corner of your original post and "edit".

Good luck to you.

I used to have that problem a while ago, with 'failed to find in database,' and it took a lot of work from me and another designer to figure it out, but here is what worked for us (and still does)

Good luck with it..

Lis / madam martian

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Your-Avatar/Failed-to-find-in-Database-ANSWER/m-p/1737597/highlight/true#M23840

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3908 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.