Help! Haven't been able login for the past 2 days

cherryshowers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3939 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This is what happens everytime I try to login, from whichever location:

I get the status bar that says "Loading World", "Downloading Clothing" etc.. And then it just stays for a good minute.

Then I see the location, but immediately a message says: "Darn. You have been logged out of Second Life. This region maybe experiencing trouble. Please check your connection to the internet."

So, what's happening here? I tried reinstalling the viewer, but the problem persists.

That doesn't sound like the kind of message you'd get if your account was blocked. Unfortunately, I'm not at all sure what would cause that, specifically to one account. You said you've tried logging in to different locations, which would have been my first suggestion.

Worst case, there could possibly be something wrong with one avatar's inventory (which would require Linden help to fix), but let's hope that's not the problem.

There are some account-specific settings files saved on your machine, so it's possible one of those is corrupted. Where those files are stored depends on which operating system and which viewer is being used. (Is this the Linden viewer?)

(Just had a thought: If this is a sufficiently exotic viewer... did this account ever agree to the new TOS? [EDIT: That can't be it. You'd never get as far as "Downloading Clothing", etc., without agreeing to the TOS, so never mind that.])

cherryshowers wrote:

Strange thing. When I created a new second life user and logged in, it works. So, the problem seems to be specific only for my id, cherryshowers. Why is this? Have I been blocked or something?

If you were blocked you wouldn't even be able to log in.

Did you try logging in to a different region?

It is possible that a specific region is having a problem.

However, that message usually means a communication break down with the Servers.

I am going to suggest that you reset (reboot) your Modem.

This is a very common problem/fix.

If it doesn't work we are going to need a lot more info.

• 2 weeks later...

OK this is the classic problem of a corrupted avatar file  since you created a new Av and it loads fine it is not a router modem or any other hardware problem  depending on your operating system this can be located in several locations just do a search for your user name then delete the folder  if you are successful the "GAME" will not know who you are and you will have to re enter your user name and password. Plus you will need to re set up your prefs  but you will be able to log in.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3939 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.