I bought an open collar having troubles

DejaVu2332

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2495 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

, how do you get the menu to pop up and name someone your owner? with the open collar? I bought it a couple times rezed it and put on and once it had pop up menu option to upgrade, i did rebooted, now no menus pop up, how do I name someone my owner and get started please help  any feedback would be great thanks!

4 answers to this question

If you don't get a menu when you click your collar yourself, something is wrong with the scripts. You can either reset or enable the scripts (if they've been disabled by the update process) by Editing the collar (right-click > Edit) and then using the Build menu along the top and pick Scripts > Reset scripts in Selection or Set scripts to Running.

Once you can get a menu by touching your collar:-

Select Owners > Add Primary or Owners > Add Secondary

or use the chat command "dfaddowner <owner classic name>"

Classic names of course are Firstname Lastname, so your Lastname would be Resident.

• Like 1

Just to add to Freya's advice, please make sure that, when you remove your collar and rez it on the ground to update it, you're on land where you can run scripts (not all sandboxes let you, certainly).   Similarly, make sure you're on script-enabled land when you put it back on.

While a collar will continue to work if you're wearing it when you enter no-script land, if you remove it and then replace it on no-script land, it won't work.

If you are as new as I was, though this is great advise, it may not help you.   There is a great manual for open collar on line.  It explains the controls and how to get things to happen.   Just do a search for Open Collar. 

You have to be using a bowser that supports RLV  That means second life viewer will not work.  Firestorm and others will.  

You have to be in Local chat for the command lines to work.   They are very handy.   To get a command lines to work you type the first 2 letters in your name then the command.  There are other ways but this is the easiest in my opinion.   So for example, to bring up my menu I would type

mi menu 

Going by your user name here in the chats, you would type

de menu 

The version of collar I have does not let you add owners (that I could figure) through the menu unless the person you wanted as owner was in chat range.  I could not add myself as owner through the menu.   I strongly recommend adding yourself as owner before anyone else.   If your owner is off line you can be stuck for a long time trying to figure out how to get away from a piece of furniture etc.

If you try adding yourself using the command line remember that if you do not have a last name your last name is Resident

Edited by MillieTG
Realized I had a typo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2495 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.