Unable To Load Inventory ?

Fluxa Core

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3916 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Early this morning I started experiencing difficulties with teleporting and region capabilities and what not. After restarting my router, I checked my ping to the serverse and 25/27/5 is what I was at, so my internet could not be the problem.  I cleared my cache and still my inventory was missing a good portion of it's content. So I relogged. After a good amount of relogging I tried to do a clean cache clear, same thing happened, my inventory would not load past 357 items.   Then I tried to uninstall and do a clean-install completely to fix the problem.   Still this problem has persisted for several hours.   Now it is preventing me from both loading inventory, but now will not create my bridge.  I even tried to log in at an unpopulated sim (as i was provided surls to them).  

I was wondering if anyone could suggest how to fix these problems or if it is due to the server deploy schedule or a maintenance leading up to the scheduled release?  This hasn't happened that often to me but it's usually fixed with a cache clear and a little waiting for my invo to re-populate, but my inventory is refusing to repopulate. 

Sorry to inform you, but if you are unable to get inventory on multiple sims, there are high odds that it is a connection or network-based problem since it is working for everyone else.

Things to try first:

- Make sure you have at least 400Mb free disk space on your cache disk.

- Toggle HTTP Inventory (Advanced Menu, Ctrl+Alt+D to make it visible) - if HTTP Inventory is enabled, disable it. If disabled, enable it. Wait several minutes before concluding.

- Avoid wifi (especially public./shared wifi)

- Try a different viewer

By your reference to the "bridge" I assume you're using Firestorm. There have been a number of reports of people with missing inventory when using Firestorm having normal loading with other viewers. Some of them have been helped by re-creating the bridge in Firestorm (which it sounds like you've tried.) Try re-creating the bridge again on a sim that allows scripts and make sure you're not hiding the "Library" in your inventory. Again, this loading issue hasn't been happening for the same people with other viewers.

This is a known problem in Firestorm. I think there is no known cause yet. The FS team is working with the Lindens to figure out where the problem is. This problem is not limited to Firestorm.

To try to get around it:

• Travel to a deserted region
  • Open two inventory windows.
  • Drag and item (that is item not folder) from the first opened inventory window to the second opened window.
  • Log out. Give it a minute.
  • Open your inventory and search for an item.

Few people are seeing this problem. For those that do see it, a majority find this fix works.

Also, make sure you only have one Current Outfits Folder. If you have more than one, you will need to get with Linden Support to get that fixed, which means you will need to try this work-around AGAIN with the Lab's viewer to get them to help you. That is their basic troubleshooting step to decide if problem is a TPV problem or a Linden problem. Save yourself time and start your approach to the Lab's support after you have dupicated the problem in a Linden viewer.

When you ask a tech question include information about your computer and viewer. Get the info from the viewer's Help-About... and paste that into your post with your question. Help->About... provides all the version numbers we need.  To add your info to an existing question use OPTIONS->EDIT. It’s in the upper right of your post.

I have helped 4 people now that had this issue.

Steps Taken;

1 Do a Character Test in a LL water region. Search the Map for Blake Sea or Nautilus then TP to a vacant one.

2 Relog and load inventory by clicking Recent tab in inventory. If the loading stops relog and continue loading. Do this as many times it takes to load all inventory.

3 When you dont see ( Fetched ) anywhere in the inventory dialog loading is done.

4 Relog and then top up inventory ( Click Recent )

5 Wear your outfit one item at a time, use Wear not Add or Replace. Once done go into Edit Appeanace Shape and load the parts there.

6 Close Appearance and then relog and top up inventory.

I hope this will help some people.

This is happening more and more lately with Firestorm and other viewers.  There is, however, a fix.  First try to reload your cach in the normal way through your preference folder, and it that fails to load all you inventory to a manual reload. This is time consuming but seems to work.  Again go to perferences, Network/documents/open. Then delete the objects folder that you find in the firestorm folder, log out and back in and you cache should both empty and then load your inventory. 

One of the problems with this bug is that it appears to be a two fold bug.  First, items get lost from inventory, and second the clear cache command fails to work.  Deleting the objects folder, however, forces the inventory to reload and, far seem to have corrected this problem.  Oh, and one more thing when this problem occurs it in no way seems effected by the sim you are in and is most certainly not a connection issue.  Instead the origins seems to be in the passage of information between the viewer and the asset served.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3916 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.