They answered me.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3993 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Coby Foden wrote:

Phil Deakins wrote:

Just out of interest, is there anything in the forum's rules or ToS that says that threads must not go off-topic?

Does the forum actually have a ToS? Or is that a figment of the 'managers' imaginations?

Off Topic Content
: Please keep your commentary relevant to the discussion and within the format that the forum, board or question and answer area require. (For example, in the Answers section, please follow the Q&A format of the discussion.) Content that is blatantly off topic is not permitted. You may also not post regarding subjects that do not relate to Second Life except in the General forum discussion board.

[uNQUOTE]

That's only thing what I can find about off topic content.

yes this is what she copied and pasted to me, on top of the chapter about no flamming and Interpersonal Disputes or Personal Negative Commentary. 

But i think im able to go by myself to the page Coby linked and read it.. i know this page and ive been often checking it...

This is not what i was asking for... i was asking that she point in my post where they are going against these rules...

i was not off topic... i do consider i was not flamming according what is said about that in the guidelines, and i was not disrupting or disputing.. Its not the first time Gadget and I have same disagreement.. both have this way to talk to each other, none of us is chocked while reading each other.. its just our way to express our disagrement.. i do consider i was not disputing with Gadget , and from what he said to me, Gadget do not consider he was disputing with me.... AFAK, since we are the first concerned, i think we are the best placed to know if we were disputing or not....

idk from where comes this mods or if she always have lived in cotton.....This is not because 2 persons talk with passion, even if they disagree, that they are going to kill each other, in the following minutes...

And since, she seems to have some difficulties to understand what im exactly asking in my PM, im going to ask again.... 

I keep telling you that the managers here don't put any thought into the accuracy of RICs. They just assume them to be correct, and they won't even know what part of your post was supposed to be wrong. I've asked myself in the past but they can't answer. If they did go to look, they'd be embarrassed so they simply don't tell you.

Someone RICed your post. The managers don't follow the forums so they don't find wrong posts themselves. If they did, they'd be moderators, and we don't have any moderators here. They rely on RICs, and someone who didn't like you or your post RICed it. When they get an RIC, they merely assume it's right, and deal with it as though it is right.

ahhahahahaa

well Phil.. you keep telling me... indeed ...

but its not enough for me... they are paid for a job.... this job has rules like evey other jobs...

There are also community guidelines that are rules we have to follow... this rules are the basis for we can coexist all together...Its important the rules are same for everyone and its asked to everyone to respect to follow them in the same way.... 

Rules can t be fantasy from the mods imagination... otherwise this shouldnt be called a forum but a big mess ! or maybe a surrealistic mess ! but not a community....

Im still not sure we have be RIC'ed, both camps have been RIC'ed and 5 of us...if someone has RIC 'ed all of us, i guess this person must have been an awfull day... and well, still no news from this one... indeed...

None of the persons involved in the disagrement have RIC'ed, so it only can be a spectator .... But if the show was so displeasant, why not scrolling down and take a look elsewhere in another thread ?

Anyway, no matter what happened.. when i ask an explanation, i expect to be answered and not only... i expect also to be answered with pertinence and not like if im a fool and wont notice the person is trying to fooling me...

So a not-pertinent answer is still not an acceptable answer for me.

i keep telling you, Phil..... im stuborn as hell :smileywink:

lol - stubborn as hell :D

A standard rule in forums is that moderator decisions can't be questioned or discussed (in the forum). I think this forum has the same rule, or one very much like it. It means that the so-called moderators don't have to explain a decision to you.

The so-called moderators we have here are particularly bad because they don't moderate. They only act on RICs with the assumption that an RIC is correct. It's possible that they may sometimes look at a post - give it a cursory glance - but they don't moderate. For instance, I might post that "you are talking out of the back of your head", and you might RIC it. A cursory glance at my post would indicate that I insulted you and I would get a warning. What a cursory glance at my post wouldn't show are the myriad of insults you threw my way before I resorted to saying that you are talking out of the back of your head - a very mild statement considering all the insults you threw my way.  A cursory glance would not show that you are incredibly guilty and I am the innocent and injured party. The so-called moderators wouldn't know anything about that because they don't moderate - they don't look. If they did, it would be you who got the warning, and not me. But that's not the way it works here.

Coby Foden wrote:

Phil Deakins wrote:

Just out of interest, is there anything in the forum's rules or ToS that says that threads must not go off-topic?

Does the forum actually have a ToS? Or is that a figment of the 'managers' imaginations?

Off Topic Content
: Please keep your commentary relevant to the discussion and within the format that the forum, board or question and answer area require. (For example, in the Answers section, please follow the Q&A format of the discussion.)
Content that is blatantly off topic is not permitted

[uNQUOTE]

So content that is subtly off topic is implicitly allowed.

Did you know there is a chocolate bar called Topic sold throughout Europe?

Phil Deakins wrote:

A standard rule in forums is that moderator decisions can't be questioned or discussed (in the forum). I think this forum has the same rule, or one very much like it.

Yes, the mods are protected from any possible criticism arising if they happen to make a simple human misjudment error. :smileyindifferent:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official-Discussion_guidelines

Abuse of Moderation or Moderators: Please honor our moderation process and the decisions that come out of it; they are being made in order to provide you with a productive environment for conversations about Second Life. We prohibit abuse of our moderation process, including the following:

• Posts that discuss or re-post material that has been removed or locked by a moderator

• Posts questioning a moderator’s decision

• Posts that discuss the status of any Resident account (e.g., on hold, suspended, etc.)

• Frivolous or malicious use of the abuse report feature

[uNQUOTE]

So in effect we are just left to accept what comes from mods. No appeals will be processed.

Which is rather strange.

Charly Muggins wrote:

So content that is subtly off topic is implicitly allowed.

Yeah. It seems that we are allowed to balance ourselves on the fence where the blatantly off topic starts.

We just need to take care not to fall on the wrong side of the fence.

Coby Foden wrote:

Phil Deakins wrote:

A standard rule in forums is that moderator decisions can't be questioned or discussed (in the forum). I think this forum has the same rule, or one very much like it.

Yes, the mods are protected from any possible criticism arising if they happen to make a simple human misjudment error. :smileyindifferent:

Abuse of Moderation or Moderators:
Please honor our moderation process and the decisions that come out of it; they are being made in order to provide you with a productive environment for conversations about Second Life. We prohibit abuse of our moderation process, including the following:

• Posts that discuss or re-post material that has been removed or locked by a moderator

• Posts that discuss the status of any Resident account (e.g., on hold, suspended, etc.)

[uNQUOTE]

So in effect we are just left to accept what comes from mods. No appeals will be processed.

Which is rather strange.

It doesn't include my posts saying that there are no moderators here, so I'm ok with that topic :)

And it doesn't prevent me from saying that the so-called moderators don't actually moderate, and stuff like that. I should be fine :)

On the other hand, maybe I'm not ok posting stuff like that, because the so-called moderators often don't even know the ToS and issue warnings by assuming that an RIC must be right.

Phil Deakins wrote:

Did you start this thread? lol Sowwy
:/

yeah... i know.... you were assuming that I was the one who started this thread !... and after wrongly accusing me in a previous post to have insulted you and flammed you...(this is not bec im on holidays that i dont read posts in the forum Phil ! i know what you said !) now you try all your possible to make this thread deleted.... im going to RIC you Phil... you explicitly ask for it .. ! This is not acceptable anymore ! 

:smileyvery-happy:

(do you think a so-called mod can make the difference between a joke and a true dispute ? :smileywink:... I still love you Phil...:heart: You know i do , dont you ?) 

ah this gives me an idea ...

What if we start to flood with Anti-RICs ? An anti-RIC should be a report but for loved contents .... a RLC . Then we could RLC all posts we read and like.. saying "oh!!! what a nice post ! i love it"... or "Dear mod, its my pleasure to warn you that im deeply in love with what this forumer posted here"

Do you think they will send love warning to the posters then ? :smileylol:

ETA : and from what i read about the abuse of mod process... RLC are not prohibited....we are lucky ehehhehehe

Oh no! Oh no no no no no! I'll get a warning and I couldn't bear that, It will upset me for a week, or even more. I won't be able to sleep or do anything. :(

It doesn't really matter whether or not the so-called mod can tell the difference between humour and a true dispute. If someone RICs it, the post is an offense. You're in trouble now girl :D

shhhhh Phil... dont worry, ill be here with you inworld to consolate you....

and you ll be able to keep saying i have flammed you .... (but damn ! what were you thinking about when you said it ??!!! me ? flamming you ????? are you insane ??? im sweeter than a candy... and totally innocent... totally.. i still cant understand how such thoughts could be in your mind :smileytongue:)

During this all week you will be unable to sleep and so sad, ill take you on my boat, we will go sailing and ill push you in the water lol....

Coby Foden wrote:

Phil Deakins wrote:

Abuse of Moderation or Moderators:
Please honor our moderation process and the decisions that come out of it; they are being made in order to provide you with a productive environment for conversations about Second Life. We prohibit abuse of our moderation process, including the following:

[uNQUOTE]

Which is rather strange.

(bolding in mine....) id say its even more than strange.... how do we call such system or society ? hummmmm... i have suddendly an amnesia.. i cant remember...

Phil Deakins wrote:

You'll put in a good word for me, won't you? I'll throw myself on your mercy and do whatever you want.

Ahhhh trust me..... if you throw yourself on my mercy, you wont be disapointed.... (you shouldnt say things like that... but you did) 

Your post gives me an irrestible willing to RLC it..... This is the kind of post i truly appreciate lol....

That said im going to ask for 2 separate buttons... One for the RIC one for the RLC... we are even not sure they read the RIC itself... i wouldnt like they misunderstood and think im RICing you while im, on the contrary, RLCing you....

or maybe ill have to add tons of ":heart:" in the message ????

i need advices ....

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3993 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.