why can't I say the word 'stop'? Using Firestorm.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4087 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just noticed in SL that my avi CANNOT say the word "stop" for some reason!

If I type "testing stop testing" and press enter, it chats..

"testing testing"

What could cause that??? I'm using firestorm. Could it be the viewer or is it something in SL?

Yamil Dagger wrote:

I just noticed in SL that my avi CANNOT say the word "stop" for some reason!

If I type "testing stop testing" and press enter, it chats..

"testing testing"

What could cause that??? I'm using firestorm. Could it be the viewer or is it something in SL?

Someone else on the forums had a similar problem and traced it to a swim HUD he was wearing. The HUD captured words that it used as commands like "dive." You may be wearing an attachment that's doing the same thing.

Theresa Tennyson wrote:

Someone else on the forums had a similar problem and traced it to a swim HUD he was wearing. The HUD captured words that it used as commands like "dive." You may be wearing an attachment that's doing the same thing.

In addition to this, check to see if "stop" is designated as the keyword in one of your active gestures.

...Dres

Theresa and Dresden are probably both right. The previous post that Theresa mentioned was by Perrie Juran, but he posts so often it will take a while to go back and find the ones in question (in his case the words were 'style', 'dive', and something else: all turned out to be gesture triggers in a swim AO he'd recently acquired). It's very likely you have an active gesture that is triggered by the word. It is very unlikely that there is anything wrong with your viewer.

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Theresa and Dresden are probably both right. The previous post that Theresa mentioned was by Perrie Juran, but he posts so often it will take a while to go back and find the ones in question (in his case the words were 'style', 'dive', and something else: all turned out to be gesture triggers in a swim AO he'd recently acquired). It's very likely you have an active gesture that is triggered by the word. It is very unlikely that there is anything wrong with your viewer.

Oh, I'd actually forgotten that the swim AO issue ended up being about gestures.  I was merely relying on the observation that gestures are the most common cause for the usurping of words in SL.  Thanks for clarifying that.

...Dres

Certain types of mesh, certain viewers, certain regions and Server Side baking implementation can nuke an entire region if the word "Stop" is used unkowingly.

It's very rare for this to happen but yeah, something to be aware of :o

Thats why the last version of Firestorm was blocked and just in time too.

Unless... somehow... yours wasnt blocked aconfsd.gif   

*runs screaming......help sos.gif

Maryanne Solo wrote:

Certain types of mesh, certain viewers, certain regions and Server Side baking implementation can nuke an entire region if the word "Stop" is used unkowingly.

It's very rare for this to happen but yeah, something to be aware of
:o

Thats why the last version of Firestorm was blocked and just in time too.

Unless... somehow... yours wasnt blocked 
aconfsd.gif

*runs screaming......
help sos.gif

Where are you getting any of this info from?????????????????????

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Yes, that does look like "The Mysterious Case Of The Disappearing Words."

See Cerise's post #2 for the solution.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4087 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.