I hope selling as no copy. should I have to support give new one when customer lose?

pixel Viper

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3927 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello dear SL ppl. 

I hope selling as no copy.  should I have to support give new one when customer lose?

I guess some one must will ask to give a new one again when she lost her product which bought from me.

And should I have to give a new one to her? or should I have to keep silent? 

Also some one can report a problem for the no transfered a product which she purchased from me.

And Should I have to give a new one to her? or Can I  have to report this issue to Linden Lab?

I hope know about this no copy selling all issue as more detail. Please help me .

6 answers to this question

its up to you.

usually merchants who sell no copy/trans items do not send new copy.. 

the custormer may indeed have given his/her item to another person or even need a new copy of his/her own usage and it would be not fair for the merchant then.

But its up to you.. be frank in your policy, tell this in advance and also dont keep silent, but take some minutes to explain to the person. 

of course, you can also decide exceptionnaly to send a new copy bec the person asking has conviced you.. 

there is no rule about it.

(if you want to discuss the topic, i think you'd rather create a thread in the merchant forum : http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Merchants/bd-p/Merchants

Youll get probably more opinions and experiences shared.

• Like 2

You will need to decide what your own policy should be.  There is no rule.  Obviously, a customer may be lying when she says that a product from your shop was not delivered.  if the product had no-copy perms, then she might be getting a second copy dishonestly if you agree to send it.  For this reason, many merchants have a "no redelivery" policy for no-copy items.  However, consider these things:

1.  The customer might not be lying.

2.  Even if the customer is lying, you have not lost anything except a sale by sending her a second copy.

3.  If you send a replacement, you will have a happy customer who may recommend your shop to her friends.  If you do not send a replacement, the reverse will be true.

My own personal choice is to send a replacement.  I assume that most people are honest, and I prefer to have satisfied customers.  An angry customer can hurt business quickly.

You decide for yourself.

• Like 2

The usual reason for selling a product mod/trans (no-copy) is that you want the new buyer to be able to adjust the product and give it to a friend, but not keep a spare copy for herself. That's not as common with clothing, which I always sell as copy-mod (no trans), but it's pretty common with household items and garden fixtures. I guess it all depends on what you expect most people to do with the product.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3927 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.