Server side appearance

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3975 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Zinia Quan wrote:

For those of you that have not yet found out for yourself, when server side appearance comes to you, your temp uploads go out the window.:womansad:

I heard about this a long time ago, but thanks for bringing it up... not everyone has.

Are you aware of the local texture function?  Here's how to use it... link.

...Dres

It would help if you mentioned which viewer you use.  In Firestorm, I believe you have to enable the ability to log into other grids, which is in Preferences/Advanced.  Click the option then hit apply and a drop down menu should appear where you log in right after the Last Location drop down.  Then just pick Second Life Beta.

...Dres

Rhys Goode wrote:

???

My server got switched to SSA/SSB last week (LeTigre), and using FS4.4.2, I can still upload and use temporary textures.  I just tried it on a new shirt layer, it worked just fine.

Did you try that temp upload this week or last week?

Last week LeTigre regions had the SSA enabled.

This week only Magnum regions have SSA enabled.

It has been stated since the beginning by Linden Lab that temporary texture uploads will not work on SSA enabled regions.

However the Local Texture feature will work anywhere.

Second Life RC Magnum:

Magnum is getting the 'server side appearance project' that was on LeTigre last week

[and is removed from LeTigre].

Scheduled Wednesday 2013-07-17 07:00-11:00 PDT

Coby Foden wrote:

Rhys Goode wrote:

???

My server got switched to SSA/SSB last week (LeTigre), and using FS4.4.2, I can still upload and use temporary textures.  I just tried it on a new shirt layer, it worked just fine.

Did you try that temp upload this week or last week?

Last week LeTigre regions had the SSA enabled.

This week
only Magnum regions
have SSA enabled.

It has been stated since the beginning by Linden Lab that temporary texture uploads
will not work on SSA enabled regions

However the Local Texture feature will work anywhere.

To be absolutely sure I went to Magnum region (Las Islas) on 2013-07-20 at 3:19 pm SLT. This is SSA enabled region.

Using Firestorm 4.2.2 I tried uploading temporary texture. Nope, it does not work, the option isn't even available.

I tried in other regions (non Magnum), and there the temporary texture uploads - naturally - still work.

So the definite conclusion is:

Temporary texture uploads do not work on SSA enabled regions. :matte-motes-nerdy:

But we do have the Local texture feature (as I mentioned in my earlier post). And that will work anywhere. :matte-motes-big-grin:

Since last wednsday, LeTigre is not hosting SSa anymore, so temp uploads are working in them, but im Magnum servers, were SSA is active this week, temps don't work anymore, just local textures, were you can test textures, but not show to others them until payed upload.

[edit]Oops. Coby had already answered that 

You are correct. Not even an option for temporay texture on a Magnum region today.  And now that I look carefully, I see the good old double loading of my clothing textures at home when I change what I am wearing..

Sometimes those deployment announcements are a bit hard to follow, I still do not see how it spells out the idea that they were reverting to the previous behavior on the LeTigre sims, although I can see the wording is consistant with that.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3975 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.