As Estate manager how does one reclaim land from renter? I see no Reclaim land button?

Wallace Wirefly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3976 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I read in knowledge base about reclaiming land. It states:

Reclaiming land parcels from tenants

If one of your tenants has violated the terms of your covenant and you wish to evict him and reclaim his land in your Private Region, you can choose the Reclaim Land... button from the ABOUT LAND window:

Reclaiming land switches ownership of the parcel, but not the objects on it, back to the estate owner.

Can someone tell me where this button is? I do not see in About Land window.

Thanks KarenMichelle I am listed as Estate manager for sim (am nto Owner ) and assume I have ability to control. I do not see Reclaim button. It maybe because the land I have and live on in the Estate is deeded to a Group. I may have to revert Group land back to my ownership before I see the button. As for now all I see is Abandon Land on renters parcel.

7 answers to this question

There's got to be more to it than that, Karen. Like the OP, I am on the Managers list for both estates that I manage, and I am also an Officer with manager rights in the land group that handles parcels on both. Like the OP, I do not have a Reclaim Land button. I've never seen one.

My Bad. My EM's all have [ Abandon Land ] as the option in recognition of their responsibilities.. I've been doing the management for so long I forgot this difference. They get the [ Abandon Land ] button regardless of the land group settings by the tenant. Picture follows:

Abandon-Land.jpg

This effectively does the same thing as the Reclaim Land with the exception that no further administrative capabilities exist until they also set the land to the Administrative Land Group for my Islands followed up with a Deed to Group.. After this is done, they can return the items on the parcel to ther previous tenant per the permissions in the Roles I've established for them in that group.

As an Estate Manager you can then do all the same chores as the Region Owner. If the Region Owner has also given you Full permissions in your Role in the Region Land Group, you can deed the land to the Administrative Land Group and set up all necessary details to set the parcel back up for re-leasing. This is how my EM's are set up to help me lease my parcels. Additionally, I scripted my own leasing qube that accepts the new tenant payments and then immediately forwards that payment to my attention. My EM's understand this and accept the "Allow Full Access" option when the cube asks for their permission to Debit their account.

• Like 1

Ah ... That's what I suspected. I have been responsible for infrastructure on the sims I manage, so have never had to worry about collecting rent or dealing with overdue payments, other than to call them to the owner's attention. I didn't even know that a Reclaim Land bottom was possible until the OP posted. I learn something new every day.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3976 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.