Land buying

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3938 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

I have been trying to find out some information.  Not getting anywhere.  I don't have a premium account so my questions is this:

As a basic accoount want land could I "buy"?  Do I have to have a premium account in order to "buy" land?

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Amza Hydraconis

Hi Amza,

You have to be a premium member to buy mainland. Having a basic membership you can rent from other's who own land or you can buy (rent) land with a private estate. There are many ways to search for available land and if you like a themed land. This forum is a good place to start checking out what's available.

Make sure before you rent or "buy" land that you read the sim covenant and any rules that the land owner has in place so you know what you are getting into. There are many places to rent that would fit anyone's taste or budget. Happy land hunting :)

and remember to always have at least a month prepaid so if you're unable to log in for a while because of unforeseen circumstances your land will still be yours when you get back :smileyhappy:

If you don't trust your landlord to not throw you out or go out of business on a moment's notice, why are you renting from him at all?

There's always at least 2 sides to every argument...

• 2 weeks later...

I rent at Miriam Chung estates....i'm not premium.

you buy the land for 49L$, and pay the weekly tier to a rentbox.

this gives you land rights, just like you would have as a premium member.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Amza:  did you find a solution to land-buying? I want to buy land that I can terraform in which to create a sort of desert outlier homestead/ranch. I'm thinking to start my shelter with shipping containers and design the rest from there as I learn about building and terraforming. 

Any comments and/or suggestions appreciated. Cheers! 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3938 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.