getting "unable to create item "" that has caused problems on this region" when I log in

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3889 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This is as of this morning. I can go to another SIM and rechange into what I was wearing quite happily SIM where it's OK: Current simulator: Second Life Server 13.06.18.277494 SIM where I logged in: Previous simulator: Second Life RC Magnum 13.06.21.277682 Note: I don't have rez permissions in the place I logged in. Logging out and logging in again to the new SIM works fine.

Annoying, isn't it?

Not sure what your post is about, though. This happens occasionally, seemingly at random. It would be new and noteworthy if it started happening repeatably on one simulator version and not another, but I suspect it's just one solitary sim that's confused itself about the one specific item that it's no longer willing to rez for no apparent reason.

If it's a copiable item, you can go to some sim where everything is working, copy the item, then use that copy in the sim with the problem.

Otherwise, I think it's wait until the problematic sim is restarted.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a homestead sim that gets this same message almost daily, especially after I have terraformed or re-drawn parcels. Found that using mesh buildings and landscape items also affects this. At that point, I am unable to drag anything from my inventory onto the ground and have to restart the sim.  Recently my sim was moved from SL server to RC Magnum in hopes of resolving lag, this particular problem, and constant script errors. The problem still exists and is compounded by even more script errors.  It is not a problem that I alone experience - anyone on the sim has the same issue.  

Am running a sim health monitor that shows the sims FPS and dialation dropping way below norm, verified I'm not using any terrain textures bigger than 512x512, have a low number of scripts running. There is never more than 5 people on my sim at a time. Would like to know if there is a solution other than constantly restarting the sim as the sim owners, while extremely friendly and service oriented, are not technically savy enough to suggest where to take this problem.

If it's repeating so persistently, I'd guess that there's a scripted rezzer that's rezzing something that really does occasionally cause "problems" of some sort. Because you're also seeing other script errors, it's hard to say whether those are the cause or the result of the rezzing problem, but to try to make some progress on narrowing the issue, you might remove anything that rezzes objects and see if everything else starts behaving. Then, at some point, you're going to have to track down what's wrong with whatever is getting rezzed. (Because you're seeing actual dilation without a heavy avatar load, I might guess either physics or pathfinding.)

There is currently a bug with object physics and rezzing. Easy to test.

• Create a large, flat prim, like 10 meters square or more.
  • Rez a cube on top of it.
  • Select the big prim, then Shjft select the small cube, and Link

You should have  it now so the small cube is the root prim. If not, start over!

• Turn on "Edit Linked", and select the big prim. Go to the Features tab, and set it's physics to "None"
  • Enjoy your "no rez zone".

Basically if a prim is set to Physics none, it's completely 100% impossible to rez anything upon that surface.

For mesh builds especailly, it's very common to use custom physics shapes that do not completely conform to the actual visual mesh, and should people try to rez on these areas, this is the result.

I don't know if anyone has reported this issue (since BUGs are hidden), but someone should.

• 2 weeks later...

This is what TJ LInden reported back:

"This is a known issue our developers are working on (BUG-772), and is caused by the region's physics memory becoming full. You can view the physics memory usage by going to the Statistics window (Ctrl-Shift-1) and opening Physics Details (it is shown as Memory Allocated). If this value reaches about 920 MB for a full region or 230 MB for a homestead or openspace region, the physics engine will no longer be able to calculate boundaries properly, and no objects will be rezzed. Our engineers are working to correct this; in the meantime, if the physics memory starts approaching these values, restart the region to clear it and the region should work normally."

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3889 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.