I Need a Bit of Help from CoolVL Users, Please

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3956 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For people who enjoy troubleshooting issues:

I downloaded the Phoenix I used on my old PC onto the new PC.  Lo and behold I once again saw the "Offline" notice on profiles.  I still haven't tried out Firestorm but, as BlackMagi said when he was kindly helping me to troubleshoot this issue, I may have discovered a bug...lol.  If so, then it exists on both CoolVL and Singularity viewers and since many people use both of them and I have not heard of this issue before, it seems unlikely but one never knows.

It will be interesting if that changes when I install the graphics card but I would think if Phoenix displays the online status on this PC then other viewers would as well.  Also, it would be one thing if I didn't see *any* status - that area being blank, but being able to see online status but not offline of the updated viewers is puzzling.

Ok, I won't torture you all with any further updates - if this continues I'll contact the viewer designers.

Czari Zenovka wrote:

For people who enjoy troubleshooting issues:

I downloaded the Phoenix I used on my old PC onto the new PC.  Lo and behold I once again saw the "Offline" notice on profiles.  I still haven't tried out Firestorm but, as BlackMagi said when he was kindly helping me to troubleshoot this issue, I may have discovered a bug...lol.  If so, then it exists on both CoolVL and Singularity viewers and since many people use both of them and I have not heard of this issue before, it seems unlikely but one never knows.

It will be interesting if that changes when I install the graphics card but I would think if Phoenix displays the online status on this PC then other viewers would as well.  Also, it would be one thing if I didn't see *any* status - that area being blank, but being able to see online status but not offline of the updated viewers is puzzling.

Ok, I won't torture you all with any further updates - if this continues I'll contact the viewer designers.

I'm not aware of any problems with this and as far as I know the function is working ok for me.

Now something I have seen on a regular basis is the status not changing (refreshing) in someones profile when they log out.  Where the communication break down is I have no idea.  I do suspect the road for the status in the profile follows a different track than it does in your friends list.  The status function as it works in the profile is full of holes and I find it undependable.

Czari, I'm a longtime user of the Cool VL Viewer. I could be wrong, but if someone is offline or hidden, the upper righthand area of their profile is blank. If they are online, it shows Currently Online. That's just how the UI works. At least that's what I've gotten used to. I don't think it's a bug.

Edited to add:

As far as seeing what you are typing in open chat on the screen, I took a look at my preferences - the only thing that I can find that might affect this is Cool Features->User Interface->Use old style Chat History (check it - then restart). Maybe that will help.

Arwen Serpente wrote:

Czari, I'm a longtime user of the Cool VL Viewer. I could be wrong, but if someone is offline or hidden, the upper righthand area of their profile is blank. If they are online, it shows Currently Online. That's just how the UI works. At least that's what I've gotten used to. I don't think it's a bug.

Edited to add:

As far as seeing what you are typing in open chat on the screen, I took a look at my preferences - the only thing that I can find that might affect this is Cool Features->User Interface->Use old style Chat History (check it - then restart). Maybe that will help.

Thank you Arwen. :)  I'm getting the same deal with the Online/Offline Status in profiles with Singularity too.  Wonder if it has something to so with being v1 interface viewers.  Will check the setting you mentioned next time I log in.

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Arwen Serpente wrote:

Edited to add:

Thank you Arwen.
:)
  I'm getting the same deal with the Online/Offline Status in profiles with Singularity too.  Wonder if it has something to so with being v1 interface viewers.  Will check the setting you mentioned next time I log in.

I just signed in with an alt and checked those setting; I had already checked it but I might not have logged in again after doing so.  Now the text-on-UI issue works perfectly...at least for my alt...lol.

(She's way too skinny also...arrgggghhh!!!!! :matte-motes-confused:)

I'm glad that worked!

As for the change in your avatar appearance, that happened to me too when I changed from an older laptop to my new one.  They have different resolution and dimension screens. I really didn't change my shape to compensate since it was due to the computer hardware - after some time "my eye" has adjusted.

Arwen Serpente wrote:

I'm glad that worked!

As for the change in your avatar appearance, that happened to me too when I changed from an older laptop to my new one.  They have different resolution and dimension screens. I really didn't change my shape to compensate since it was due to the computer hardware - after some time "my eye" has adjusted.

Me too!

I remember having "screen shock" big time when I switched from my old CRT monitor around 2008ish (yes I was still using a CRT then) to a flat screen monitor.  Even though the screen size was the same (15") everything looked distorted until I fiddled with the settings and got used to the flat screen.  I was in SL back then as well and even with a drastic monitor change my avatar didn't look different.

I was expecting a similar experience with monitor tweaking when I stepped up from the 15" to the 22" monitor but everything looked fine at initial hook up.  Not sure if it's because they are both HP monitors and, except for the size, have identical controls or if going from one flat screen to another makes any graphics differences unnoticeable. 

Here's the thing, though, it's only my avatar that looks different; everything else in my SL home and surroundings is the same proportionally-speaking.  The other thing is if it was just a matter of my eyes getting used to the change then Trinity wouldn't have been seeing my avatar as really thin and me not.  As others have said in my thread on "I've Lost Weight" it is apparently due to an issue with how avatars are stored in the newer viewers, or something like that.  At any rate, since SSB is going to kick in next week and we all might look different for awhile...lol...I'm going to wait until that settles down before tweaking my avatar. ;)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3956 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.