is there a script to open an avi's profile on touch or click?

Carmsie Melodie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3290 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well, here's a thing. You can decide if it's relevant.

default{    touch_start(integer total_number)    {        key somebodyOfInterest = llGetOwner();  // The desired profile-holder, however found.        llRegionSayTo(llDetectedKey(0), 0            , "secondlife:///app/agent/"+(string)somebodyOfInterest+"/about");    }}

The user would have to click in chat history to get the profile to pop open. There's a general design principle in SL that scripts are restricted to few ways of directly affecting the viewer UI because every one of them gets used for griefing until elaborately throttled. Hence these "click in chat history" things.

• 1 year later...

"It would depend which profile data you want to access. Some you can, some you can't **Only uploaded images may be used in postings**s://secondlife.i.lithium.com/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif" border="0" alt=":smileyhappy:" title="Smiley Happy" />"

I wanted to reply to this comment, because I was Googling the script for what this topic is about and saw this comment. I just wanted to say that saying things like this is absolutely not helpful and irritating. Good day.

Well, I suppose it might have been more friendly to ask what specific information the OP was hoping to get from the profile, because a lot of it is inaccessible.  In the end, the answer is the same.  Qie's answer is about all you can do by scripting.

It's a two year old thread, so I can't remember now why I didn't mention the option of using llLoadURL to get the web profile by avatar name (a la https://my.secondlife.com/qie.niangao/#about_tab). I guess I still think the viewer-native profile is more likely to be useful and won't invoke a browser window, but for some the dialog would be easier to click than the link in chat history.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3290 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.