Animation default position/orientation

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3954 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a question about the default position/orientation of animations and if it might be possible to manipulate that to reduce the "tossing around" that avatars get during the transition from one animation to the next.

Although I am not 100% sure, I don't believe that this is an "ease in/ease out" question, but something a little different. Let me explain.

When you import an animation into SL, it has a sort of "default" position (or orientation), for example, if you use it in MLPV2 with no "position" information, the avatar using that pose ball will be facing a specific direction. Now lets say you import another animation that you got from some other 3rd party, and its default position/orientation may be entirely different. Now in MLPV2 you can adjust those animations so they are all facing the same direction, BUT when you try to transition from one pose to the next, the default position comes back into play and the avatars "spin" during that transition.

Is there a way to change the default "orientation" of an animation either after it is uploaded, during the upload process, or before the upload begins using some animation program. I don't want to get into reediting the entire animation, just reorienting its default "orientation"

Thanks,

Atticus

What you are seeing is a 7 year old animation bug that LL refuses to fix. The uploader adds frames to an animation. Essentially, it is adding more 1st frames. We get around this bug by adding an IN% to loop the animation properly. The problem with this solution is that the bug will still show when the animation is first played. For this reason, I've been begging LL to fix this for years now. They just ignore the bug. Plus, other animators come along and say the bug is not a big deal. Well, it is a huge deal, and the bug essential breaks every animation uploaded. You'll only notice it, if you are an animators and doing some complex animating. Most customers don't know enough to know why the weird crap is even happening.

Okay, is there a tool, similar to BVHacker that I can use "in world" to verify that these extra frames actually exist? Furthermore, is there a tool I can use, "in world", to edit an animation, frame by frame. I guess I would like to see the evidence of what your suggesting and, if possible, correct it.

I am still not convinced that the issues I have been having are a direct result of this bug. I am not saying that the bug doesn't exist, but I think its too early to jump on your bandwagon and declare that this bug is the cause of all of it.  I am going to continue to investigate and do some tests related to "animation orientation" with respect to rotation. I also want to get a better handle on "reference frames" and how they can effect animation transitions.

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3954 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.