Account put on hold, but people still purchasing from my marketplace. Where does the lindens go?

lilriversong

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3976 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Recently my account has been put on hold due to unusually activity. It turns out to be a huge misunderstanding. My ex boyfriend gave me his paypal information and allowed me to purchase lindens. When we broke up, he reported to Linden Labs that I was stealing his information and money. Now I am fighting with LL trying to get my account back, whatever it takes.

I have store in marketplace doing successful. I am still getting emails from buyers who are purchasing my items. Where does the money go, and will I ever see it again?

EDIT: My ex boyfriend DID NOT play second life. I lived with him. At the time, he made all of the income so he allowed me to put his informatin on my account so that I may purchase lindens. 

I do not appreciate being called a liar. 

3 answers to this question

Lil River,

OK Linden Research is going to have a lot of issues with that statement about PayPal. No one "Gives their PayPal information out" for what you described. If your boyfriend wanted you to have lindens he would have purchased them himself and sent them to you. You were foolish to use anyone else's information and as a result will end up losing your account unless your ex BF chooses to back up your claim. Even in that case, Linden Research is well within their rights to terminate your account.

The L$ from the sales by your store in the Market place go to the account on hold and accumulate. If your account is terminated eventually your store will be deactivated.

Even if your story posted here is 100% true, your actions say otherwise.

}Edit{

Lil River, Without realizing it you have committed financial fraud per PayPal's Terms of Service as well unless your boyfriend set you up as a spouse or business associate with financial access to his PayPal account. I use PayPal for my real world business and besides me only my  staff secretary has a credit line on it and getting her authorized was a chore.

Our point is that this is very serious business and legal mess you have gotten yourself into. You have for all intents and purposes committed Identity Theft & misappropriation of funds., which can be prosecuted as a felony or sometimes negotiated down to a mistermeaner in the US depending on the State you reside in.  You can be arrested in RL for this. You can go to prison!. Do you understand?  Call a lawyer NOW! Forget about your store in SL at this time. You have bigger problems.

• Like 2

Firstly I must give kudos to your ex-boyfriend for being able to scale the battlements and somehow persuade Linden Lab that you have been stealing his information while he is not a resident of Second Life. Or is it that he IS a resident of Second Life, but although he does not PLAY it, he is red hot at submitting abuse reports that get acted upon.

No matter - I may be slightly confused by your original post.

You asked the question, what happens to the money that is paid on the Marketplace for your items.  The money, as always, will go into your account. If your account comes off hold, then the money will be there waiting for you. If, however, you are unable to convince Linden Lab that you deserve to get your account back, they have no obligation to refund any monies outstanding to you.  This is clearly stated in the Terms of Service.

http://secondlife.com/corporate/tos.php#tos8

11.3 is particularly relevant.

• Like 1

You took a shortcut and now you've won yourself a whole pile of trouble because of it.

You should never have used another person's PayPal account, and your ex was very foolish to allow you to do so.  If he did.

Whether you did that with his permission or not, it's going to look to any third party as if you committed a PayPal account hijack and theft.

Simply proclaiming your innocence is not going to help much, I'm aftraid.  I think that at this point you need a lawyer.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3976 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.