.We're having trouble connecting to Your voice server .... Any solutions on how to fix it?

Finna Ferina

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3978 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello,

sorry if i chose the wrong category, but since this problem just occures on this avatar i chose that category. Since sunday night, i get the message "We're having trouble connecting to Your voice server. UDP: 3478, 3479, 5060,5062, 12000-17000. Voice communication will not be available. Please check your network and firewall settings."

Well now i tried everything, resetting my modem, restarting my computer, clearing caches, trying different viewers (after a clean reinstall of course), turning off firewall, opening the ports in my router. And nothing works, also i experience heavy lag, now when i log on my alt everything seems to be working fine again, i can use voice and no lag whatsoever.

The problem fixed itself Monday morning, but occured again just a couple of minutes ago, and it is really annoying if you depend on voice useage.

Could somebody please help me?

Finna

EDIT: Disabling the firewall or setting ports does not help either, voice connects fine on my Alt just not this avatar, which is my main avatar.

2 answers to this question

Are the ports specified (3478, 3479, 5060, 5062, 12000 - 17000) allowed through both your software firewall and your router (if necessary)? They may also need to be allowed by your ISP, depending on your service and country. It sounds as though the messages aren't getting from your computer to the Virwox servers.

You can test the ability to reach specific ports using a free application from portforward.com.

Add these exceptions, or disable your firewall services temporarily to test.

Voice is a flaky service for many people, even on a good day.  HTTP fetching -- introduced as part of the change to Server Side Appearance -- is having some unexpected side effects and this is one of them.  It sounds counter-intuitive, but HTTP fetching may be overloading your router; please try the suggestions given here; if they do not help, revert the changes made then try some of the other suggestiions at http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_voice

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3978 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.