Everything Loading Slowly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4003 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The past few days, everything has been loading slowly for me---inventory, avatar, surroundings, other avatars.  I also have had a number of failed TPs that resulted in Firestorm closing.  Are others noticing problems recently?  Does anyone know the reason for them?

Yes.Just now I was not able to either rez, wear, or attach an object. 

Yesterday half the textures I saw were blurry.

Tho my inventory was fully loaded, I could not find a whole folder of textures.

Then there is the missing prims bug.

I did send out a notecard yesterday with texture problem tips I have collected, so far that issue seems okay today. If you want it IM me.

Jennifer Boyle wrote:

The past few days, everything has been loading slowly for me---inventory, avatar, surroundings, other avatars.  I also have had a number of failed TPs that resulted in Firestorm closing.  Are others noticing problems recently?  Does anyone know the reason for them?

I don't know what was or is going on but last night was one of the worst rezzing nights I have ever seen.  One crowded club people were still seeing some grey Ava's after 30 minutes there.  Was nuts.

No I haven't had such iussue lately, but do a test for your connection speed. If needed maybe reboot your internet gateway (modem router) this will prolly allign it better if something happened with your provider.

www.speedtest.net is good to test your speed also run the ping test and see if there are any or to many packets lost.

To load faster your inventory a trick that I use is to cut off the inventory from debug settings

do  advenced/showdebug settings there you type noinventorylibrary

This will save you from loading your library each time that you clean your cache( lately that library is becoming huge andif you don't use those avatrs it's not rearly needed).

Don't worry even if the inventory library is cut off you can still use some fetures like load  test male and test female avatar.

if you have also inworld lag then try this:

try is to run SL in low settings turning on from advanced menu in graphics tab only

Basic shaders

Atmospèhere shaders

hardware skinning

set ma particle count to 512

set also only object slider to max

and set everything else to low , while all the other things must be unticked.

From debug settings again type renderfarclip and set the draw distance to 40
typing there this

renderfarclip

set it to 40

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4003 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.