How do i edit my HUD?

bluelacroix

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4019 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone!

i am here a week now and notice i have "Spooky Cute" hovering over my avi in-game.  how can i edit that?  i read the HUD faqs but they talk about product's huds.  i dont see a way to edit that in my profile/appearance menus.

thanks for the help!

bluelacroix wrote:

Hi everyone!

i am here a week now and notice i have "Spooky Cute" hovering over my avi in-game.  how can i edit that?  i read the HUD faqs but they talk about product's huds.  i dont see a way to edit that in my profile/appearance menus.

thanks for the help!

That sounds like what is known as "floating text" and will be coming from an object you are wearing.

Depending on the specific object you may or may not be able to change the text.

Here is a video-tutorial that will give you an overview of the subject.

Aislin Ceawlin wrote:

Another thought, have you joined any groups since you joined? It could be a group tag. Go to the menu at the top, click on profile, then groups. Click on none, and see if that clears it up.

I thought about that too.  A screen shot would help.  Titlers have become very rare. 

I do still like to have fun with them when I come across one.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Discussions/When-the-Evil-Titler-says-you-can-change-the-message-how-evil-do/m-p/205770/highlight/true#M61338

Hi Perrie Juran and Aislin Ceawlin!

thanks for the quick help.  Perrie, i learned a lot about scripting, that was very cool - thank you!!!

Aislin, your right, i just joined 2 groups and "Dead Dolls of SL" is the one.  but other than leaving the group i don't know how to get rid of the text.  I can see it in the "Title" of the group, for the Role of "Everyone".  But in my Profile, then Groups, i see no option to turn it off (your reply said to select "None", but i dont see that).

i appreciate all your help, and have a great SL day!!!  :matte-motes-little-laugh:

bluelacroix wrote:

Hi Perrie Juran and Aislin Ceawlin!

thanks for the quick help.  Perrie, i learned a lot about scripting, that was very cool - thank you!!!

Aislin, your right, i just joined 2 groups and "Dead Dolls of SL" is the one.  but other than leaving the group i don't know how to get rid of the text.  I can see it in the "Title" of the group, for the Role of "Everyone".  But in my Profile, then Groups, i see no option to turn it off (your reply said to select "None", but i dont see that).

i appreciate all your help, and have a great SL day!!!  :matte-motes-little-laugh:

You can't stop the group title from being "broadcast."

What Aislin is referring to is in the group window in the conversation window setting your active group to "none"

When no group is active there is no title.

Sorry, don't have a screen shot of this handy.

bluelacroix wrote:

But in my Profile, then Groups, i see no option to turn it off (your reply said to select "None", but i dont see that).

Right click your avatar, from the menu select "My Groups". A window pops up:

Groups.jpg

On the top of the groups list you can see "none".  Right click on it and from the menu select "Activate".  Now no group title will show above your head, not to you nor anybody else.

Another way to do it is:

preferences_General.jpg

Just untick the "Group titles" and you're done.  Now you can even have any group active in your groups list and the group title will not show to you.

Hi Perrie Juran and Aislin Ceawlin and Coby Foden!

Wow - you ppl rock!!!   :heart:

thanks so much for all the help, total newbie here.  i was going into Avatar/Profile/Groups which just shows my groups, but no options to change anything.

i got it now - thnx so much!

(and i finally got the test script i wrote on my hair's HUD to go away, whew, took a while!)  :smileyhappy:

Coby Foden wrote:

Another way to do it is:

preferences_General.jpg

Just untick the "Group titles" and you're done.  Now you can even have any group active in your groups list and the group title will not show to you.

Please note that the settings in preferences only affects what YOU see. 

What other people see will depend on THEIR settings.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Coby Foden wrote:

Another way to do it is:

preferences_General.jpg

Just untick the "Group titles" and you're done.  Now you can even have any group active in your groups list and
the group title will not show to you.

Exactly so.  (To make it totally clear I should have written there: ...will not show to you, but others will still see it.)

:matte-motes-big-grin: :smileywink:

The only way to not to show one's own group titles to oneself and to others is to activate the "none" in the groups list.

Coby Foden wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Coby Foden wrote:

Another way to do it is:

preferences_General.jpg

Just untick the "Group titles" and you're done.  Now you can even have any group active in your groups list and
the group title will not show to you.

Exactly so.  (To make it totally clear I should have written there:
...will not show to you, but others will still see it.
)

:matte-motes-big-grin: :smileywink:

The only way to not to show one's own group titles to oneself and to others is to activate the "
none
" in the groups list.

Just like it says "I want to access...,"   it should say also, "I want to see......."

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4019 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.