My shape stays the same, even after I've switched shapes. Can I have any help?

kawaiineko123

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4140 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

What happens is, when I switch shapes (even from different designers), the shape is always the same! I have no idea why, or how but my shape stays, and looks the same no matter what. I have relogged, rebaked textures, even switched viewers! But it is the same darn shape! I had a friend take pictures of the shapes (which are posted below) and then I took a picture of each shape and it turned out some much different from the pictures she took, and it was the same picture pretty much! I am wearing the same skin in everyone so that could affect the pictures a little. I would really appreciate the help, and thank you if you get around to answering!

Skin 3.jpgSkin 3.jpg

Skin2.jpg

These are the pictures my friend took of the two shapes

Skin 12.jpg

Skin 22.jpg

These are the ones I took!

Some info:

All of my viewers are up to date

I have cleared my cache, and restarted my computer

This happens on BOTH firestorm and second life

2 answers to this question

How different are your shapes from each other? If they are all about the same height and have the same general facial features, it may just be that you are expecting to see more than you do when you change shapes.  As an experiment, try several of the shapes from your inventory's Library >>> Clothing folder.  There's quite a range of sizes and body shapes there.  Then try modifying one of them.  Go into Appearance mode >>> Edit Shape, and start playing with the various sliders.  Make yourself as grotesque as you can by pushing the sliders to their maximum or minimum settings.  If that works, there's nothing wrong with your viewer.

Rolig has a good point, but it can also be a poor internet connection, a form of "bake fail".  For more advice on things to try for that, see:  http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_bake_fail

I've also noticed that any clothing layer changes are taking longer for me, the last week or so...and your shape is a form of clothing layer.  Try putting on the new shape.  Wait until it shows as "worn" in your inventory (it becomes boldface).  Then log out and log back in.

EDIT:  It would seem that YOU are seeing the shape changes, but others are not.  Again, this is a type of bake fail.  Please work through the various suggestions at the link I posted above, preferably with a friend to give you feedback about what they are seeing, as well as what you see on your own screen.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4140 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.