how do you report griefing (skylardiiamond

david25sweetDad

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4023 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

This is rather a gray area.  "Child abuse" in Second Life is merely roleplay.  The "child" is actually an adult human, and if he or she doesn't like what's going on, there are many ways to stop it...by leaving their "family", by muting their "parents", or simply by logging off.  If someone does none of these things, it can be assumed they are consenting to what's going on.  (That doesn't mean that you have to like it, or that I approve of it.  I certainly don't!)

In addition, a lot of griefers act up specifically to try to get a rise out of you.  They will try to shock or upset you, and if you show them that they have, then they are overjoyed...and will keep right on trying to make you mad.

The best response to this sort of behavior is to ignore it.  Mute or Block the offenders, ignore them completely, and just carry on with your SLife.  If you own the land where they are harrassing people, ban them.  Or report them to whoever DOES own the land. 

However, if you feel compelled to submit an official Abuse Report, you may certainly do so.  I suggest using the category "Indecency > Broadly offensive content or conduct".

What you must NOT do is mention their name here in the forum.  Please edit your post to remove the name of the alleged offender.  By posting it here, you're in violation of the forum guidelines and could be subject to sanctions yourself.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4023 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.