Why won't my color changing shoes work anymore?

Pleasure Denimore

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4002 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello.  I've been away from SL for a little while and when trying on outfits I discovered that the majority of my color changing heels no longer change colors.  Only the platform and the heels of the shoes will change but the straps and accessories will not.  Please advise on how I can avoid buying lots and lots of new heels.  I appreciate any responses to this question.

Thanks,

Pleasure

2 answers to this question

If you have been away from SL for a while you'll probably want to buy new shoes anyway.  A littl e over a year ago, Linden Lab broke the old Invisiprim hack that used to be used to hide our ugly SL heels when we wear heeled shoes.  Alpha clothing layers now do a much better job of it now, and the Invisiprims in your old shoes no longer hide your feet.  Anyone using Advanced Lighting and Shadows will see your ugly feet unless you are wearing the alpha layers that come with new shoes.

Now... it's hard to say why your color changing scripts are not working, but there's a good chance that they are also using old scripting technology --- several scripts in separate prims in various parts of the shoes.  Modern shoes will contain one script per shoe to do the entire job, this reducing your personal script load and making life a little easier for the sim's servers.  If your scripts are not working anyway, it's another sign that you need to start replacing them.  There's one faint hope --- If you have mod perms on the shoes, you should be able to restart all of their scripts.  Right click a shoe to select it with Edit.  Then select Scripts >>> Reset Scripts from your Build menu.  Unless the scripts are actually damaged, restarting them should make them work again.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4002 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.