How do I save a picture from my profile to my inventory or at least my hard drive?

OneyH

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 463 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

Hello OneyH,

just open your own profile feed in your browser: http://my.secondlife.com/OneyH

there you'll see an entry with your photo, like: "OneyH shared a snapshot" - click on the underlined word 'snapshot', and then on the following page click on the snapshot to see it in full resolution. Then just rightlick-> save it to your computer.

It's not possible to save them directly to your inventory.

• Like 3

2 ways:

1 is to send it to your email!  it is easy enough to figure out. 

Second is to save, or "save as".   If you save as you have the control to save it to your desktop or to "my pictures" It give you the flexability to chose where you want to put it. i just put it on my desktop.

22 minutes ago, manjia said:

I only see snapshots that others liked or comment on. I don't see all snapshots that are on my feed. I need to do this because sometimes I don't see any of my recent shots made. I'm afraid of loosing them forever.

You just may lose them forever although the website has been glitchy lately.  Rumor has it, LL may be doing away with it altogether.  The already got rid of web profiles in the viewer.

1 hour ago, manjia said:

I only see snapshots that others liked or comment on. I don't see all snapshots that are on my feed. I need to do this because sometimes I don't see any of my recent shots made. I'm afraid of loosing them forever.

When you take a snapshot, where are you saving it? You have the option to save it to your PC. Or if you pay the $L10 fee, you can save it to your inventory in world. I never use the feed.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 463 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.