Recent update to SL

Nikilei

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4012 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I had an upgrade to the SL viewer on Tuesday [I'm pretty sure it was Tuesday] while I was logged on but I can't find anything from the event logs explaining what the upgrade was for.  Was it for a new version of the SL viewer, or an update to resolve some issue? I don't see anything new or different on the viewer.

Thank you!

2 answers to this question

It had some bug fixes but the big difference is it has support for a new and (hopefully) more reliable way of rendering avatars called "Server-Side Baking" or SSB. The system itself hasn't been turned on yet but it will be in the next few weeks and viewers need to be updated so it will work properly.

• Like 1

Every Tuesday Linden Lab performs maintenance upgrades to the servers that manage sims on the Main Grid. They do the same thing on Wednesdays with the sims on the RC grid.  Those upgrades are not changes to your viewer, but they usually make a difference to some features that your viewer accesses on the servers. You can always look at the most recent thread by Maestro Linden in the Server forum to see what was changed this week.  (This week the answer is "Not much." Linden Lab rolled back to a previous version of the server code to remove some of last weeks changes tht were causing problems.)

When there's an upgrade to the viewer, you can see what was changed by looking at the mosr recent entry at https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes.  The upgrades this week were all bug fixes for the Beta viewer

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4012 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.