i had someone return everything on my property, and i need help finding things i've lost.

AnneMarie Alcott

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4041 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So, I had property next to governor linden land.  I couldn't rez any prims there as they would auto-return.  But I did have my house a tiny bit over the property ine.  i didn't think it would hurt anything.  I had my stuff up just fine and lived there quite happily for a while.  A new neighbor moved in this morning and griped that I have 219 prims over the 238 limit and she would auto return items.  I told her I didn't understand and she did an auto return and refuse to explain and it returned my entire house, contents included!  

I've lost a very expensive greedy table, not to mention countless other items.  I was told to clear my cache and that they would probably show up in my lost & found after relogging, but nothing is there.  Any thoughts on how I get my stuff back?

2 answers to this question

You've encountered an impatient person, who might not believe that you didn't know it was not ok to have so many prims encroaching on a neighbour's parcel.  And so they have auto-returned all your objects as a job lot.

Look in your inventory for a coalesced cube. It might be called anything, from "object" to one of the items that were auto-returned.

There is more about coalesced objects, and how to deal with them, in this portion of the official Second Life Knowledge Base.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Building-tips/ta-p/700041

• Like 5

Never let your prims encroach over the property line.  This is a very un-neighborly practice and it annoys people no end.  Even (sometimes especially) when the neighbor is Governor Linden.

I don't understand how your "neighbor" was able to autoreturn items on YOUR land, unless that neighbor was a Linden Lab employee.

But the objects are not gone, and you should not clear your cache.  They are present in your Lost and Found folder as a coalesced object.  Go to a public sandbox where you've plenty of room, rez the coalesced object, and then take back the individual items one at a time.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4041 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.