can I have two Preference settings for high *and* low quality?!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2396 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hi all.

I wonder if this thing exists?

---a way to set my preferences for two settings, one for high quality all-stops-out, for viewing great distances at high quality; and the other settings for when I am in, say, a crowded club with 20 avatars, when I need a very low quality settings?!

maybe have a keyboard hotkey to toggle between them.

using the preference panel for *each* change might soon get tiring.

thank you...freestone wilson

Yes, you can do this with Niran's viewer using the Save/Load Settings Preset feature on his Preferences > Display > General panel. See top of image below. However, there is no hot key, you have to enter Preferences to do the change but only takes a few seconds. Select a saved preset from the drop down menu and click Load.

His viewer does take some getting used to as it uses a totally different graphics UI to the rather blunt Low - Mid - High - Ultra graphic settings on other viewers and you do need a decent computer to get the best out of it.

Settings Preset.JPG

• 4 years later...

Graphics Presets allows you to save and restore different sets of graphics settings within the viewer. The idea being that users can then switch between these different pre-sets according to circumstance to help with viewer performance.

So, for example, one pre-set might have all the performance hitting items – shadows, projectors, etc., – turned on / up for times when the overall quality and depth of detail in a scene is important (such as when taking photos). Another might have these more taxing capabilities turned down / off to ease the processing load on a computer during more general activities. A third might be established for “in door” uses, with things like draw distance and the level of detail for external items (the sky, trees, terrain, reflections, etc.) all turned down, again easing the processing load.

The capability started as a contribution from open-source developer Jonathan Yapp, and is easy to use. Simply use the Graphics Preferences options (main tab in Preferences and the Advanced Setting panel) to set your desired pre-sets for a given situation (including the Avatar Complexity setting you might wish to use), then click on the Save Settings As A Preset… button on Graphics Preferences, enter a name for the set, and click Save. You can do this for as many sets as you feel the need to set-up.

On 18-4-2013 at 3:45 PM, stony Spiritor said:

maybe have a keyboard hotkey to toggle between them.

not really a hotkey, but firestorm (can have) has quick preferences you can attach to the taskbar... it would be just one click to change your drawdistance or other features you can add to it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2396 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.