Marketplace goes white

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4028 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Not sure if I picked the right forum to post this in, but here goes. For the past few weeks, everytime I go to any page in Marketplace, the page will load for one second then go completely white. People show me links on MP and I have to refresh the page several times and look quickly LOL. I can't even shop. The last time I bought something, luckily, I had already saved the page to bookmarks, so I had to refresh over and over and click "buy" quickly. I don't know if it's something with my windows or with SL, but I'd greatly appreciate it if someone knew the answer. :robotfrustrated:

Just a thought...

Are you certain that the whole page goes white. It's possible that the main page content is pushed below the bottom of the screen by something that shouldn't be there. See if you can scroll down below the screen after it's gone white.

If that's what's happening you need to do something about it. LL does place a banner ad across the top of pages but it's not big enough to push the main page below the screen. The ad-blocker that I tried left white space where ads were, which is a poor implementation of ad-blocking.

the whole page is white or I would specify that part of the page is white. My adblocker has never blocked a page showing one item, or all items, or even the buy pages.. I bought one item since it's been doing this, and I had to repeatedly refresh while clicking the buy, and confirm buy buttons. Those aren't ads. It doesn't matter what page on MP, they will show the page for a split second then go allllll white.

Zephyr Skizm wrote:

I use Firefox 20, and I have the same adblocks I've always had that never blocked MP before.

Disable all content filtering and retry. Leave your firewall up, but disable any web-based ad/spam filtering system that you're running.

First determine which system is blocking the marketplace.secondlife.com sub-domain, and then determine why.

Marketplace.secondlife.com is compatible with Firefox 20. The issue will lie with your personal browsing experience (incl. filtering/security), extensions and configuration.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I had this problem also for the past few days & could not figure it out.  It ended up being Adblock Plus - disable for sl seems to work but if anyone has any other suggestions, would be awesome.

Meanwhile, I'll leave this here in case someone else has issue with Adblock Plus.

Rival :)

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4028 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.