can't rez objects and lost lindens? answers answer indicates i can no longer be a resident of sl?

cammy Teardrop

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4028 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

over the last week, i have been unable to rez any objects, then they are lost from my inventory, i get inventory failure msgs and can't rez object msgs,,, some of my objects return on next log in,,, i transferred $L4000 from one avatar to another to pay my land rental and that has disapeared

i posted the question on the answers page and the answer i got has deeply upset me

in that is says that it is due to my slow speed that i cannot rez

my pc is quad core my graphics card nvidia 8800 gts i have just upgraded my memory but my internet speed is only 2mb, i have set preferences to low on graphics i have no shadows, i do not set voice active and i have reinstalled both sl and phoenix viewers

so does this mean i now have to pack up my beautiful gardens say goodbye to my friends and after 7 years no longer be a resident of sl???

i hope not

so am looking for any help????

I don't know about the slow speed.   Yes, 2mb is pretty slow, but according to the wiki, "A connection speed of at least 500 kilobits per seconds (kbps) is needed to run Second Life adequately."    Two mb (megabytes) is 16384 kilobits, so that should be sufficient.    I am thinking the problem sounds more like slow ping speed -- that is, it's taking too long for the SL server to respond, which can have any number of causes.   Restarting the sim, or rebooting your modem might well fix it.

i have about same internet as yours, since it seems that in south France we are in middle age regarding internet, and my SL works really fine, so yes, i dont think your internet speed is the pb.

That said, the same pb happens to me from time to time, and i have a friend who live in USA with a high internet speed that told me that it was happening to her yesterday.

My theory is that there is a pb between the region server where you are and your viewer. You should try to tp to another place where you are able to rezz objects but in another region than yours (to check what is your region, look in one of the top menu and find "about land", it will say there where is located your sim, in what region). Sometimes glitches like this happens after rolling restarts (as mentioned my friend yesterday aswell) and we can only wait the next rolling restart (the following week) for it fix.

You might also check your bandwith settings and settle it to the best for you, check this page for doing it correctly and do the speed tests as said http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_speedtest

good luck

cammy Teardrop wrote:

over the last week, i have been unable to rez any objects, then they are lost from my inventory, i get inventory failure msgs and can't rez object msgs,,, some of my objects return on next log in,,, i transferred $L4000 from one avatar to another to pay my land rental and that has disapeared

so am looking for any help????

Log in to your SL account through the Web (www.secondlife.com) to check your L$ balance on both avatars and the transaction history of both. Both avatars should have a transaction with matching transaction ID (one sending, one receiving). If you find the sent transaction but no matching receiving transaction you can contact Linden Lab and they should be able to fix the transaction failure (this may take some time for them to fix).

cammy Teardrop wrote:

so does this mean i now have to pack up my beautiful gardens say goodbye to my friends and after 7 years no longer be a resident of sl???

i hope not

You don't have to go anywhere. As I said in the Answers section, all that is required is that you diagnose and repair whatever network fault or connection problem you are having. No-one indicated that you can't be a user of SL because of this issue.

I also added (as I will add again) that all anyone can do from here is guess at what your problem might be. We are just user-level, and aren't guaranteed to know anything more about how SL works than you do. Further, this isn't a problem with SL, it's a problem you're having. Your network, your PC, your connection to your ISP. We can try and give our best guesses (which is what I did), but it is impossible for a forum poster be able to become familiar enough with your network-enabled hardware to attempt a fix for you, or even to diagnose this kind of issue for you with any kind of accuracy.

If you aren't confident in finding the fault in your network or connection for yourself (or aren't confident in our answers), you will need to contact someone who can do this for you before your connection will improve.

Good luck.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4028 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.