What happened to a box I rezzed on my land?

HenryCrawford

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4054 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello everybody.

A couple days ago, I rezzed an object on my land (A boxed package I purchased from Dwarfins). But when I rezzed the box, it did not appear on my land, yet my land registers the box as being there. In addition to this, I cannot click on the box, nor can I see it where I rezzed it, which was on the ground floor of my house near the center.

How do I make the object visible again so I can pick up it and free the 1 prim the object is using?

EDIT: Well, a live agent finally got around to chatting with me and he restarted my parcel but I still cannot find the object. My guess is the object could be underground. I will next try filing a support ticket and see if this will resolve the issue of the missing/invisible object on my parcel. Wish me luck!

EDIT 2: It seems the object I have been searching for is not on my land at all! Even when using the suggestion by Lindal Kidd, the object was not found! So it seems I was wrong about the object being invisible on my land as the object probably did not rezz on my land at all! I only thought I rezzed it.

3 answers to this question

maybe it is just small, transparent or possibly even underground / under the sim floor. Some objects also set themselves to a certain height. (depending on what kind of object you have bought there)

- you could try to rightclick just any object you can see, to get the edit window open, then hold shift and draw a selection around the area where you assume it could be. Watch the showing selection borders if there appears an object that could be the searched one.

- If its transparent, try to press CTRL+ALT+T and look for objects that appear with a semi transperant red surface. maybe you can see it that way.

- If you have land owner rights you can also have a look into the About > Land tab and look for objects of yours with that certain name and return it to yourself. (or ask the landowner to help you)

To avoid this happening again, it might also be a good idea to either read carefully (if given) all notecards that came with this object to see how it places itself. Or to contact the creator.

If the land says the box is there, you can find it.  If it is nearby, use About Land/Objects, and click the Refresh button.  Then click your name in the object owners list to highlight all your objects, and see if you can see the box.  If not, there is still hope.

If you don't have the Firestorm viewer, download it from http://www.firestormviewer.org/

Once you have installed the viewer and logged in, go to World/Area Search.  Click the Find tab.  Enter the name of the object or the creator's name and hit Search.  When the result shows up, click it to produce a little arrow that will point to the object.  If you don't see the arrow, turn around until you do.  Follow the arrow to the box!

If the box is inside a wall, under a floor, or underground, you can move your camera point of view inside the prim or under the ground to see it, if you're good at camera movement.  If not, you can temporarily "disappear" the obstructing thing.  For a prim, try Build/Hide Selected, then select it.  When you see your box, select that.  It will disappear again, but you'll have the edit handles and can move it out where you can see it.

For underground, go to the Advanced menu (CTRL+ALT+D if you don't see it on your menu bar) and choose Rendering Types.  Uncheck "ground".  Retrieve buried box.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4054 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.