Objects Won't Rez Unless I Right Click On Them

Mitchell Indigo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3776 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This is a problem I've been having now for a few months now.  It doesn't matter what viewer I use, but lately, objects do not seem to want to rez unless I actually right click on them.  It doesn't matter what viewer I use as well.

Also sometimes things that rez only rez partway unless I hover my mouse pointer over the object.  What is going on here?

So, for grins, I emptied the "objectcache" folder, then set it to read only so that no new ones would be created. That seems to have cured the problem here.

This does mean that cached objects are gone after a relog, but a bug in a few 1.2x viewer versions caused the same thing to happen, and hardly anyone noticed until Andrew discovered the typo. That old bug is recounted in SNOW-783, if anyone is curious.

• 4 weeks later...

A new SL beta viewer, 3.5.2 (275653) , was released today. It has a patch for the missing objects problem. I have been playing with this build since Friday, and not seen the trouble at all on this viewer. (It is still happening on unpatched viewers.)

A read-only objectcache folder is ugly and leaves in some situations when invisible objects can still happen, so I wouldn't recommend it as a regular workaround for unpatched viewers. It was mainly interesting as a test.

• 9 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3776 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.