Mesh causes drunken avi?

Pamela Galli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4059 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

That is a fairly odd description lol.

Maybe he has a heavy loading impact or it is hard for him to render and his FPS drop down to some noticeable amount,
causing his viewer to slow down extremely.

It all depends on how fast / good his computer is.

That is all i could think of when hearing 'causes dunken avatar' lol.

To help him , tell him he should describe his issue better.. drunken -  is hard to put into any technical explanaition : )

Cheers! Code.

Cerise Sorbet wrote:

Camera constraints may be making the person's camera go bouncy. This is a common problem when moving inside hollow objects, mesh or not. 

And *ding* this is exactly what I think now too.  I walked through, a few mintues ago, a couple of Pam's houses and had no issues.  But then, I have all constraints turned off.  So, I think this is probably his issue as well.  Good call, Cerise!

Thanks -- I will refer the customer to this thread :-)

It does kind of sound like what happens in you are inside a hollowed cube, but I have never experienced it with mesh. My walls are all separate, there should be no hollowing effect at all.

BTW he says it is not like lag, but he has trouble steering.

Pamela Galli wrote:

It does kind of sound like what happens in you are inside a hollowed cube, but I have never experienced it with mesh. My walls are all separate, there should be no hollowing effect at all.

It makes no difference whether you're walking in a hollow object or standing between walls. If the viewer detects a physical plane/box behind the camera it will zoom in to keep the camera on the correct side of it. Maybe your walls are very close together, maybe you have a lot of physical (not the moving ones) objects in the house.

When I experience what seems to be your customer's issue, I usually scroll up slightly with the mouse to keep the cam closer to my avatar. Maybe that will help him/her.

He says he thinks he has disabled camera constraints.  I can't figure out why he would have this problem and no one else has reported it.  

I don't think the walls are close together -- there are these two rooms and entry hall, plus bedroom and bath behind the closed door.  There is a lot of furniture in my model but not blocking pathways.

Screen_shot_2012-09-23_at_7.26.47_PM.jpg

I didn't mean objects blocking your path, I ment objects creeping up behind the camera. That could be the plants or the ceiling light for example. The ceiling light you can set to physics type "none" if it's not a single object in a linkset. Whether you want that for the plants is a bit more subjective. Disabling the constraints of the camera doesn't affect the "moving camera behaviour" in any way.

btw, this is just guesswork, but it suits the discribed problem perfectly.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4059 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.