Goonsquad-Terror

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4054 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It looks like, someone has trawled the continent (Heterocera) to find parcels with build open to all and Autoreturn off and then launched
a massive attack, as at the same time the junk also popped up in Agriopis, Itame and Obscure with some of it
spilling over into neighboring regions.

It would not surprise me, that this junk also popped up on all continents.
So please, if you see this Goonsquad-junk anywhere, please file an Abuse report.

And if you own or have rented land, please activate Autoreturn (1 Minute) and if possible, set Build to Group or owner.

I have been hit twice this week  .. It seriously not funny anymore... Last nights attack crashed me and i couldent get back on. Whats more I did not accept anything or rez anything. The only thing I can think off is that I am visiting landmarks and inadvertantly picking something up. I do not click or accepted anything so whatever the item is is attaching without my knowledge. 

It is then until you get back to your own pasrcel that the attack happens. By the way..... I have the options on my land set to only group can rez there !! 

squaded again copy.jpg

Beachlover Emolite wrote:

I have been hit twice this week  .. It seriously not funny anymore... Last nights attack crashed me and i couldent get back on. Whats more I did not accept anything or rez anything. The only thing I can think off is that I am visiting landmarks and inadvertantly picking something up. I do not click or accepted anything so whatever the item is is attaching without my knowledge. 

It is then until you get back to your own pasrcel that the attack happens. By the way..... I have the options on my land set to only group can rez there !! 

squaded again copy.jpg

This type of scripted object attack doesn't have to access your parcel.  They can be anywhere in your region.   When you return to your land the objects in your region detect you and begin spamming with dialog boxes and webpage links.  I find the objects on nearby land that allows 'foreign' objects to remain forever.    If you haven't yet you might want to set Object Entry  and Run Scripts to group also.  Auto return set to something other than 0 will help remove non-group objects that get onto your land.

I was in Keswick an hour ago, reported a massive attack, then I found another attack in Scenic Hills, just wanted to report that
one too, when it suddenly disappeared. Returned to Keswick, the junk was gone there as well.

So the AR-team does removes griefer junk, but it seems, only if it is a massive attack and a flood of reports comes in.

Griefers never clean up after themselves. If griefer junk disappears, it is either removed by the landowner or by LL.
When we had a few 'Dick Dish'-Particle-Spammers in Patagonia, the AR-team did nothing. the landowners removed them.
The Spammers in Rubi and Lida had only been removed during the great cleanup, after the Goonsquad-griefer had added his junk.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4054 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.