Does anyone host Building Competitions anymore?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4049 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I thought I saw traces
of builder's competitions around before...so does anyone still host them or is
it a rare event?

I'd love to participate in building comps but I'm
having no luck looking in SL's event section. Is there a better way to find them
if they exist?

At Builders Brewery there is also "Show and Tell" every Sunday at 1 pm SLT.  The presenters will show something they have created.  Maximum of nine presenters can be in one show.  Every spectator will vote for the three best ones.  Votes are counted and the three most voted will have a small prize (some hundreds of L$).

I was wondering the same thing the other day. I used to go to one some years ago each sunday. Now you asked it too I did some research and it still seems to be alive.

This is what one of the initiators has in his picks about it:

The moon over Avaria is where [other persons name] and I run the show-and-tell event now. A nice little fun thing: up to 9 people can show something they built themselves, then the audience votes on best builds and the presenters get prizes according to ranking - the prizes given are based on the tips from the audience. Nothing fancy, but tons of fun - so if you are a builder or just want to watch - drop in! Every Sunday 2 PM SL time.

And this is the slurl: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Avaria/126/134/701

Six Igaly wrote:

This is what one of the initiators has in his picks about it:

The moon over Avaria is where [other persons name] and I run the show-and-tell event now. A nice little fun thing: up to 9 people can show something they built themselves, then the audience votes on best builds and the presenters get prizes according to ranking - the prizes given are based on the tips from the audience. Nothing fancy, but tons of fun - so if you are a builder or just want to watch - drop in! Every Sunday 2 PM SL time.

And this is the slurl: 

That original Show and Tell at Avaria is no more.

Builders Brewery has taken the task to continue the show now.

Show and tell.jpg

Landmark: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Builders%20Resource/128/79/23

..::: BUILDERS BREWERY SHOW & TELL :::..

Show & Tell @ Builders Brewery

Where: Builders Brewery Sandbox

(Builders Resource Region)

Repeats: Every Sunday @ 1pm SLT.

Information and registration here:

http://www.buildersbrewery.com/showandtell

Historical info:

"The Builders Brewery was originally inspired by the Lummerland Show & Tell, later known as the Avaria Show & Tell. (thank you Florenze Korenski and Barney Boomslang), Sadly, but understandably it has now ended, they dedicated every Sunday, for several years of their own time to do it, so we know it's time for them to move on. We can only hope to continue an element of that torch, the one that inspired so many of us  We [i.e. Builders Brewery] are looking forward to continuing this long time tradition and one of SL’s most loved events."

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, 

I'm from BUILD OFF WORLD (BOW) and we hold competitions quite regularly for builders of all levels using prims, sculpts & mesh to create buildings based on a theme, and recently started an engineering 3D modelling build off,  it's free to join.

Blender classes are being held every Tuesday, check out our calander on our website for upcoming events. 

BOW Website Address buildoffworld.webs.com

BOW Blog at Blogspot buildoffworld.blogspot.co.uk

Contact me inworld or come visit we are in Blarn Isle.

Thanks,

Leavana Jewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4049 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.