Getting Banned Mesage when TPing to some stores

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4085 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Twice in the past couple of days I've tried to TP to stores and received a message that I couldn't TP because I'm banned from the region. When it happened yesterday I IMed the owner to ask why and she promptly told me that not only wasn't my av banned, but they had no banned avs. She could offer no explaination.

It happened again tonight at a different store and I still haven't heard back from the owner, but like the first it's someone I've had no contact with in the past and can't think of a reason why I'd be banned.

I'm starting to think SL is messing with me (again). About a year ago I began getting banned and it turned out sim owners were getting lists from RedZone about griefers and copybots that were far from accurate, to say the least, and somehow I ended up on one. Just curious if anyone out there might have some insight on why this might be happeneing.

Did the message specifically say "banned."

Or that you can't or don't have access to the region?

The exact message may give us a clue.

Do you use RLV / A Collar?  An owner can (if I recall correctly) forbid TP to specific locations.

Wolfen Greggan wrote:

No collar, no RLV.

The exact message is "Teleport failed. You are banned from the region."

From The Wiki:

"Teleporting to a region from which you are banned (either explicitly or because the estate is not public) will fail, with the error message "You are banned from the region."

My bolding. 

A setting in your viewer?  POF?  Acess G,M,A?

I'm kind of guessing here.

"...

I'm starting to think SL is messing with me (again). About a year ago I began getting banned and it turned out sim owners were getting lists from RedZone about griefers and copybots that were far from accurate, to say the least, and somehow I ended up on one. Just curious if anyone out there might have some insight on why this might be happeneing."

------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think SL is messing with you again.  Actually that Redzone stuff wasn't SL messing with you again........it was sim or parcel owners "messing" with you.  It's possible that you are experiencing some similar issue now.  A sim (or region) owner can ban anyone from the sim (or region) for anything they choose.  It might be your age, it might be your maturity rating, it might be your payment information.  The store owner may not even be aware of the region policy on banning............contact the sim owner for an answer.

Well, I get this message when trying to go to stores so I don't think the public/private thing has anything to do with it.

And yes, I understand that the RedZone issue wasn't  SL messing with me (that's just my biolerplate reply when something screws up inworld).

My av is 6 years old and I have no alts (no, really, I don't). I've been operating a successful business here for 3 years, payment info is on file, age verified, GMA rating.

I've only heard back from one of the sim owners, and they have no explaination. I'm not on their banned list. Still waiting to hear from the other one.

Just thought this may have happened to someone else who might shed some light on it. I don't go to a lot of places here anyway, so it's not a real big deal, but things like this annoy me until I figure them out. I guess I'll have to submit a ticket.

Peggy Paperdoll wrote:

"...

I'm starting to think SL is messing with me (again). About a year ago I began getting banned and it turned out sim owners were getting lists from RedZone about griefers and copybots that were far from accurate, to say the least, and somehow I ended up on one. Just curious if anyone out there might have some insight on why this might be happeneing."

------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think SL is messing with you again.  Actually that Redzone stuff wasn't SL messing with you again........it was sim or parcel owners "messing" with you.  It's possible that you are experiencing some similar issue now.  A sim (or region) owner can ban anyone from the sim (or region) for anything they choose.  It might be your age, it might be your maturity rating, it might be your payment information.  The store owner may not even be aware of the region policy on banning............contact the sim owner for an answer.

Not logged in at the moment but if I recall any one can view the banned list in "About Land."

Have a friend check if you are on the list.

It would still as Peggy said not be SL messing with you, but whoever has authority to add names to the list.

Figured it out.

Last year the sim my business was on was owned by Azure Islands and they booted me out with 2 weeks remaining on my rent with no warning and no reason given. After several IMs, and a few days later, they said sorry and offered to set me up on a new piece of land (even offered a free weeks rent...wow!) Needless to say, I'd already scrambled to set up my store elsewhere, not hat I was going to ever rent from them again anyway (Fool me once...)

Anyway, since they're affiliated with the Chung dynasty, I've been banned from all their estates. No big deal, but I intend to tell all the store owners whose busnesses I can't patronize to contact Candy Azure if they have an issue.

Thanks to all who offered advice, and especially for the help inworld (you know who you are).

Mystery solved.  It wasn't

"I'm starting to think SL is messing with me (again). About a year ago I began getting banned and it turned out sim owners were getting lists from RedZone about griefers and copybots that were far from accurate, to say the least, and somehow I ended up on one. Just curious if anyone out there might have some insight on why this might be happeneing"

After all, as you suggested.

Thanks for coming back and telling us.

If it says you are banned from the region then this could be a number of reasons however it does mean your avatar is banned from the region.

1. Is the region owned by A big estate company if so one of their estate managers, or owner could have banned you from their cluster of sims which the stores are on.

I had that problem on Azure Estates, One time I found myself banned from like 20+ regions my friends land too and contacted their management reason they said was because the previous person who owned the company banned me they said they didn't know why I was banned never did any griefing on their sims, although it is possible that some griefers did some Lulz griefing around the grid in my name, and who knows what the griefer did with my account when they got into it I hope not much but its the reason I have locked down this account and quit SL for the most part. Personally I wouldn't see why a land company would ban X user from multiple sims unless they were griefing but then again I personally think that some of the big estate companies need to get better management having multiple Estate Owners, and people manage them just too confusing to me.

2. If the Owner is renting a full region from the Estate company they can remove you from the ban list if they have estate management rights.

3. The ban is likely due to Red Zone, Similar Systems & CDS. All these systems violate a users privacy, In addition to these meters there are also systems like Unity Core Meter, And other Rogue RP systems which have been rumored on search engines to be violating users privacy as well such as remote access to chatlogs via script etc, although its not a big system so I wouldn't worry about it only systems I trust is DCS, SpellFire, and well known RP systems. I also personally do not trust enable RLV due to privacy reasons.

4. Do not use any viewer other than what is on the TPV Directory list as there is a large number of viewers going around right now which are compromising lots of Second Life accounts by a PN Griefer I can't disclose the SL names here but I have a big list of connections in SL. ( In other words if someone elses access your account they could have done illegal activity with it I recommend changing your password often and using only TPV based viewers in the TPV directory.)

Since 09 really I had no problem with people using CopyBot, but after I saw what people were doing with the Bot, and LL's new TOS came into effect it was a big issue too much abuse, too many griefers ruining merchants constantly, and too many blind and ignorant sim owners supporting illegal activities in SL some of them closed down thank god but there are sitll a bunch that need to be closed down. Anyways I did my research and I can say that.

Red Zone, CDS & Similar systems are not accurate in bans, anyone using them is Spying on its customers, almost every merchant I know of in SL quit using the systems because I pointed out why I did not work, and that this was backstabbing their customers however some merchants are blind ignorant and stupid and they will never understand so they think ah Botter found instant ban but really there is never any proof there that the person did anything other than a person who got banned by a tool. Ban Networks need to be made a violation of the TOS due to Defaming avatars. There is no way these lists can be proven 100% accurate, and even when a user protests against CDS, you get some stupid user telling you we will not remove you, and the user themselves who is an admin Uses a copybot themselves, Heck I even was a member of a RP military group for a long time, and fact is that I was kicked because they said I had bad connections with CopyBot Griefers, and because I am against CDS but yet some of their members I know of, Knew users who used a copybot. Heck they even knew a person who Ripped off an entire store with permissions exploit years ago. So before they even complain about me They really shouldn't spreadFalse information helping griefers when they are just as guilty with their assoications you get what I am saying. They think I put them in bad light but really they are lucky I respect their leaders or else I would just post everything I have on the search engines & worse.

Now Im not giving names but I just happen to know all the connections some of these people have who are by the way Building and Scripters themselves so people would never think Bot User, but I can say different heck I even have snapshots of these people next to eachother, friends of friends so yeah pisses me off how many potential bot users I know of too who can do bad things some with connections that have,  and someone magically thinks they have an automated ban network that is 100% accurate yeah right. Wait it works through cookies to obtain basic viewer information, Bans based on an IP address which hundreds of people can be using if they are using the same proxy and its accurate?

Little do these guys know there are new privacy laws about cookies, and privacy online which makes these systems illegal in a lot of places probabily even in the U.S if someone gets a lawyer and takes legal actions against people using and selling these spyware devices. You know I could sell one of these things too, but fact is I wont because I know they are not 100% accurate, and it does more harm than good.

I will tell you what I made up my mind to do, Any store owner using privacy violating systems I see their ripped content around the grid I dont even report it because they are in violation of the TOS, even violating my privacy why should I help a griefer who is griefing people who did nothing to them.

And all the people I know who stopped using it I still actively report what little I ever login to SL all the people griefing and leaving ripped content in the sandbox and such.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4085 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.