I think i need help I have been greefed or spammed

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4067 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

That name (with slightly different capitalization) was the latest Goof alt that infested Mainland yesterday before the account was deleted. It's of passing interest whether objects owned by that account are still around, just because I'm idly curious whether the Lindens are using their "remove all content by owner" power--scary though it is--or actually tidying-up each individual infestation, one reported region at a time.

Qie Niangao wrote:

That name (with slightly different capitalization) was the latest Goof alt that infested Mainland yesterday before the account was deleted. It's of passing interest whether objects owned by that account are still around, just because I'm idly curious whether the Lindens are using their "remove all content by owner" power--scary though it is--or actually tidying-up each individual infestation, one reported region at a time.

<start_rumour>

I have a suspicion that there may be something in these current series of attacks that may go a little deeper than your run of the mill griefing objects.  In other words that some one may have found and is exploiting a hole.

The attack where I live a few weeks ago had spread out over four SIMs and the amount of objects easily finding there way onto parcels with no object entry set was pretty staggering.

</start_rumour>

Yes< Perrie,

I think there maybe something correct about your theory. Like I said in the first attack all my neighbours were affected to. However in the second attack we had all locked down our sims ....There are for renters in the region. Yet in the second attack my neighbours were affected again !

Very very odd because like i keep saying I cannot find any object anywhere and niether can my neighbours. 

Generally, if a script sends message boxes, it doesn't matter, where in a region this object is, it could be at 4000m.
It always can send message boxes to every avatar inside the region. Firestorms Area Search can help here, finding the junk.

Local chat is a different beast, the 5/20/100m range is always the same, region border between you and the object or not.

Btw, the Goonsquad-Junk I have seen on Heterocera is gone.
Thanks go out to the AR-Team.

Local chat is a different beast, the 5/20/100m range is always the same, region border between you and the object or not.

Except they're already using llGetAgentList() to find targets, so they have the avatar UUIDs and can use llRegionSayTo(). On the other hand, for Mainland, llShout() would be about equally annoying. Or, in terms the Goofies might understand: "poopy fun."

As to spreading onto no-object-entry land, I hadn't noticed that. Of course, if the land enables rezzing, that's easy enough, but I only know of a slightly complicated way to get objects onto no-rez, no-object-entry land. Considering the general lameness of these objects once deposited, it would be noteworthy if they are that sophisticated.

Ok, I use Firestorm, I was just wondering where to find that feature, what menu; Advanced, or I'll look for it next time I log in.  Sounds like a good feature to be able to locate if necessary.  You could probably find the objects under Top Scripts also in the Region/Debug menu I suppose.

Qie Niangao wrote:

Except they're already using llGetAgentList() to find targets, so they have the avatar UUIDs and can use llRegionSayTo(). On the other hand, for Mainland, llShout() would be about equally annoying. Or, in terms the Goofies might understand: "poopy fun."

As to spreading onto no-object-entry land, I hadn't noticed that. Of course, if the land enables rezzing, that's easy enough, but I only know of a slightly complicated way to get objects onto no-rez, no-object-entry land. Considering the general lameness of these objects once deposited, it would be noteworthy if they are that sophisticated.

I hadn't gone to the site of the current attacks to see what was going on but the one on my SIM the objects clearly made it on to parcels with no entry like mine.  LL responded the same morning to the attack.  It was two days later after they did an unscheduled restart (Mainland on a Friday) before they turned scripts back on and closed the support ticket.

Treasure Ballinger wrote:

Ok, I use Firestorm, I was just wondering where to find that feature, what menu; Advanced, or I'll look for it next time I log in.  Sounds like a good feature to be able to locate if necessary.  You could probably find the objects under Top Scripts also in the Region/Debug menu I suppose.

you can also add a button to your task bar from the available buttons thingy.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4067 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.