Solution to building being solid in SL after upload...?

Sally Lavender

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4211 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, this is driving me nuts as I managed once but never again...

I made a very SIMPLE mesh cube which I made into a base floor, extruded 4 walls and left one bit open as a door. (simply a floor and 4 walls and a opening for the door)

Upload into SL. I have tried EVERY combination possible: Surface (High/Low/Normal) LOD High etc BUT once the model is in sl is is inprnetrable... behaves like a solid cube.

What am I doing wrong? Is the error already in blender ? I export as Collada file and have tried both from object and edit mode...

The weird thing is I managed it once.... Now the exact same mesh model behaves as if it has an invisible solid box around it.

Any ideas/solutions ?

Thanks in advance :) Has cost me sevral hundred Linden already :/

OK. There IS an answer to this and while there have been many posts with lots of explaination and pictures, I can't seem to find them. Sure someone will answer more fully but here is the basic idea.

You need to make a PHYSICS model that is made up of just the wall prims, cubes are or planes, not touching. You upload THAT from your computer instead of letting SL determine the physics model (bad, bad idea on house as land impact goes through the roof).

According to my sticky note *wink*, the steps are: "doorway - Solid - analyze- physics dae - change to prim".  So in English that means when you go to upload change the settings to Solid, Anazlize. Upload your very simple DAE file for physics. When you get the mesh into world (Aditi is best of course for all this testing) -- change the mesh from Convex Hull to PRIM in the features tab.

I have done this a time or two but find I don't like making mesh buildings. So I make mesh PARTS of buildings and mix them with prims. Best of both worlds and that has been discussed here often also.

So do a bit of research and I am sure you will find more info WITH pictures. Sorry I couldn't come up with a link.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4211 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.