Ideas Against Script Sleep

joniveehernandez

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4203 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi guys, I know I got a topic before that suddenly involves about Teleport Home function script sleep. For my best knowledge this is different from the previous topic. If you want to eject 100 avatars at the same time in your region (this is only a scenario) if I loop those 100 avatars Teleport them 1 by 1 including that 5.0 seconds script sleep. if there are 100 avatars it will consume that 500 seconds.

My first idea not that wise I guess is separate a script for the Teleport home. But to accomodate all those 100 avatars TPing them all at once I need to create 100 scripts for teleport home. each 1 holds 1 avatar. I know its not a good way to do it.

If you guys got a better idea I will be happy to apply it :)

If you really want to send a whole region worth of avatars home at once, it really isn't a bad idea to spread that out a little bit. The region is going to scream bloody murder with that many bundles of assets to pack up nd ship off at once, and it's going to slow down anyway.

In other words, some helper scripts to handle the teleports ought to be okay, but a handful will do, not one for every single possible avatar.

If you're really worried about seeing off an invasion of  20 banned avatars, maybe you should be looking at the land security tools rather than a security orb.   If you ban them through the land tools, they can't invade you in the first place.

Why do you need to send people home?  Why not use llEjectFromLand (no delay) together with llAddToLandBanList (0.1 seconds)?

Yes Innula you got a point there and I never been seen nor encountered a griefer invasion LOL!, Since I've been assign to develop a security orb, I want to create something that out of the box or I'm not saying the very best but instead a better reliable orb. Since I'm using 2 options in my project llEjectFromLand and llTeleportAgentHome, for the teleport home I applied my come up method which is creating multiple helpers scripts. So far it works tested in few avatars at the same time but never been tested to TP 100 avatars at the same time.

Just intimidating things and possible scenarios and situation that might occur. :)

For a mass eject just use the sim management console.

Besides of that there is only one way to circumvent delays - more scripts.

So use 5 eject scripts and you can get rid of one avatar per second, that should be sufficient. If 100 avatars tp into your sim at the same time your scripts will halt for many seconds anyways, same goes for the arriving avatars, they will need quite some time to initalize everything. Absolutely no need for speed here.

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest given the two calls. Since one is without a sleep and the other is. Instead of creating more scripts to function around a sleep on a mass execution. I'd just use the llEjectFromLand = mass llTeleportAgentHome = singular. Then store the keys recently ejected. So if any happen to come back. Then execute llTeleportAgentHome. The interval between those who have been ejected to those coming back. Would most likely not be very many. Or within the same time. And if any happen to be in the same time while sleep is in effect for llTeleportAgentHome. Just have it call llEjectFromLand. And just use llTeleportAgentHome when its available (off sleep). Just a suggestion.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4203 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.