Security and skyboxes

vng

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4061 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everybody

Was wondering...I own a full region (private island)
On Land i try to build my stores
On sky i added some skyboxes and i want to rent to some people and friends of  mines.Was wondering.My parcel is not divived.IF i add a security system to every  skybox is that able to work?i mean I use an orb script of  40 meters for each skybox.Can the security orb script can actually scan and create white and black lists and ban lines in depedency of an radius  around the place i put the security script object?to be more  understandable
i have at lets say i.e a skybox at 245.124.900 and one at 245.124.1500. I want each skybox to has its own security system.Since both skyboxes are in same  coorodinates and is one over other in z Axis ,that can cause a problem to scripot to work normal?
Or i cant have a skybox over other even at 1000 meters distance?

Thanks

VNG

Yes, from what you say, the skyboxes will be 600 metres apart, one being that distance away from the other.   So you could set the two security orbs to scan -- for example -- a 50 metre radius around each skybox and the two would not interfer with each other.

Not that it's anything to do with security orbs, but the two skyboxes won't -- or won't readily -- be able to have their own music streams, since they will be on the same parcel.   If the tenants don't mind that (and I would rather listen to my own music most of the time), then it's not an issue, but you should be aware of it.

Jennifer Boyle wrote:

If you wanted to, you could make two 16 sq m parcels under the skyboxes and locate each one's music player over one of the parcels, so that they could each have their own streams.

But they could only be  heard in the 16m square not outside it. 

The best solution is to look for a shared media player which plays independently of the land stream.  The drawbacks on these is that the further away from them you are the lower the volume is.  However if the skyboxes aren't too big this shouldn't be a problem.  Note that the tenants would also have to be using a newer viewer.

Or simply rez the skyboxes on the ground and cut out the land to fit and then place the skybox at the right cordinates in the sky
When deeding all the parcels to the same group as the main island land, you still have access to the full amount of prims, but each skybox will have it`s own media settings, just need to place them out of the way so they don`t intefear with any stores at ground level

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4061 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.