Multiple Categories

Is Salas

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4086 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

How do I list a direct delivery product in multiple, appropriate categories in marketplace? Sorry if this is a silly question, but I'm very new to selling on MP. For all the world it looks like I'd have to re-upload for each category....?

Is Salas wrote:

How do I list a direct delivery product
in multiple, appropriate categories
in marketplace? Sorry if this is a silly question, but I'm very new to selling on MP. For all the world it looks like I'd have to re-upload for each category....?

You don't ... pick the best category for that product and list it there.

Even if you re-upload for each category, if they are the same product duplicated, LL will inactivate them as soon as they notice.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/listing_guidelines#keyword-spam

"Item spam is creating more than one product listing for any single item, and will not be tolerated. The SL Marketplace provides ways to increase visibility for nominal fees. Consider an Item Enhancement. Clear variations of an item, for example, an item offered in multiple sizes (such as small, medium, and large shoes), or an item offered in multiple colors (such as a blue and black sport coat), are, however, allowed and are not considered item spam."

ahhh, thanks, I didn't know. I have no clue how to list it then, LOL. I listed a St. Patty's hat under Celebrations>Holidays>St. Patrick's Day. I've just changed it to Avatar Accessories>Hats, Gloves & Scarves>Hats. But, honestly it seems like a 50/50 chance on how folks would search that. LOL

It does seem to me that there are products that fit in multiple appropriate categories and would yield better results reults in search if they could be listed that way....One product, multiple related categoies. That wouldn't seem to be spam to me, just good marketing. How to prevent folks from misusing categories, well, I have no clue.

Alrighty then...changed again, back to St. Patrick's Day:)

Related question: I have separate listings for a St. Patty's banner and a balloon set so folks can buy one or the other. However, I'd like to also offer as a set with a reduced priced than buying separate. How do I go about that properly? Is that a new folder upload with all items included and named as a set?

Is Salas wrote:

ahhh, thanks, I didn't know. I have no clue how to list it then, LOL. I listed a St. Patty's hat under Celebrations>Holidays>St. Patrick's Day. I've just changed it to Avatar Accessories>Hats, Gloves & Scarves>Hats. But, honestly it seems like a 50/50 chance on how folks would search that. LOL

If St. Patrick's Day Hat is in the title, it doesn't make much difference ... it will show up on search.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4086 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.