Creating my first shirt

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4227 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'd like to start to learn how to create clothing and I was wondering what software I need. I read in a tutorial that I needed Photoshop 7.0 CS or CS2 but on the Adobe site they say that they have disabled the activation server on CS2 product because they do not work on newer machines. any suggestions? thanks

~Rachael~

Gimp is free and works great. It has everything you need for creating system clothes and you can use most of the photoshop brushes.  It also has a broad range of plugins and filters also available for free.  A lot of people use it . 

You need a 3D program If you want to create mesh clothes. Blender is free and is probably used by most mesh designers. 

You will find a lot of tutorials for both on YouTube, including tutorials geared to SL.  You can also ask specific questions on the creation forums for both programs and get help.

Unless you have a lot of money I suggest you start with these free programs.  You can always invest in the programs you might want that cost hundreds of RL $'s later once you are sure you really like content creation.

First thing is to have great skills at photoshop or gimp if you are going to do your own textures, otherwise you will have to buy some good ones, and you could do system clothing, but If you are going to go through all the trouble of creating some new item on system clothing when we are all mostly buying mesh, why not buy full perm mesh clothes where you only have to do the texturing, that is what they do now

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4227 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.