Friends NOT Showing Online--Old Issue Returned???

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4067 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Long ago and far away...SL use to have issues with people not showing online in your friends list.  No, they weren't hiding from you, it was a system glitch. This was eventually fixed.  I can't tell you how much drama that problem caused for so many.

Over the past several months, this issue has been reoccuring for me.  People will  IM me to leave a message...lo and behold I will answer and they tell me I show offline.  Even scene shots sent to m..  No, I am not hiding from them, I just don't show up in their friend's list as being online.  If I relog, sometimes I will show up...others not.   Last night, I was showing offline to a friend.  When they IMed me, I immediately popped up as being online.

I have also had issues of being being on my friends list and they are no longer there. Last Friday,  I was in RP and someone sent me a pic showing my AV was not there. A couple of days ago I sent a pic to a person showing they were floating in the air, but to them they weren't.  About 1/2 those there saw what I did while others did not.

Is anyone else having any of the same issues? I am running a Mac with Firestorm.

Yes, I had the same issue last night. Tried logging on...my entire friends list was gone. Too two additional log ons to get it to come back up. I"m wondering if the whole SSB issue that is on Firestorm's website has anything to do with this? As people have told me..just be patient. It'll all work itself out.

TEX,

Thanks for the reply! 

It very well could be part of that issue (goes to read up on it) since many of us use Firestorm and not the official brand of viewer.   If this is what is causing the issue, I HOPE they fix it soon, because it is causing issues for merchants and drama. 

I appreciate the response!

My pleasure...but since I know little to nothing about how the viewers work or what LL is doing, I attribute everything that is going wrong with my viewer to the new upgrade...:matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

This is an old server bug, which occurs if a friend does not have 'See my online status' permission, they will now see "User is not online .." message following IM or inventory offer.

This has recently been fixed in magnum regions, see these release notes: Release Notes for Server 13.03.01.271119

Seems that bug is still there o main channel regions.

Server side baking cannot cause this, as ssb is not active on the main grid yet.

So toggling the 'See my online status' permission might help, otherwise the only thing that is recommended is patience.

J.

Jean Horten wrote:

This is an old server bug, which occurs if a friend does not have 'See my online status' permission, they will now see "User is not online .." message following IM or inventory offer.

This has recently been fixed in magnum regions, see these release notes:

Seems that bug is still there o main channel regions.

Server side baking cannot cause this, as ssb is not active on the main grid yet.

So toggling the 'See my online status' permission might help, otherwise the only thing that is recommended is patience.

J.

There appears to be a problem with the Magnum update.  I don't think it's related to the problem here but this is very interesting.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Second-Life-Server/Something-screwed-up-with-the-restarts-today/td-p/1920789

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4067 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.