No Warnings for Rolling Restarts? (RC)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4060 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I remember once upon a time, when you were in a region that had a rolling restart about to happen, you'd get a popup warning. Something along the lines of "this region will restart in 5 minutes", then another one in two minutes, then a final one at the one minute mark.

Then a little while back I remember there was an improvement that was going to make the restart notices 'more visible'?

Last Wednesday I was in my home (Magnum RC) region and suddenly I got the 'logged out' alert / ping, but I was pretty sure there were no warnings. 

Today I was paying close attention and it happened again - none of the old 5 / 2 / 1 minute warnings, and no new 'more visible' warning, just PING you have been logged out.

Are the RC regions not given any warning when a rolling restart hits them?

Cheers

The regions are supposed to provide warning, RC or Main channel.

If you have good evidence that is not happening, file a JIRA. Be sure to read the instructions, if you have never filed a JIRA BUG report.

I am  using the 3.5.1-270826 Dev Viewer and I have seen the larger 'more noticable' warnings. However, I find that they are not all that noticable. I think that after I get used to the new CHUI I will find the popup in the upper right more noticable as there will be fewer popups with the CHUI.

Atashi

I cannot answer for Magnum but I'd suspect there is a local issue with your server if you aren't getting the messages. :smileysurprised:

My home sim is LeTigre RC and we have been getting the revised somewhat more visible Restart messages as expected, ie at one minute intervals, counting down from 5.  I assume there are two and one minute calls but I'm never online to see them!:smileyhappy:

Only oddity today is that our sim is going to restart a lot earlier than I expected, at 9:10 hr PST, as far as I know before LeTigre RC restarts were due to start.  That said timings can only be approximate given the nature of the operation!

If you really aren't seeing the Restart notices I'd be inclined to check your viewer installation and make sure that it was a full clean install. :smileyfrustrated:

Thanks for the info -- glad to know there's supposed to be a restart warning on the RC regions.

I'm wondering now if the 'more visible' notice requires some client-side changes? I'm using a tpv and if there's different code required for the new notices, maybe the viewer I'm using doesn't have it.

Cheers!

All viewers display them. However, in most viewers these message boxes disappear after a short time
leaving only a very small box with the number of dialogues received in the top right corner - easy to miss.
Trust me, that had happened to me as well - finding oneself booted out.shocked.gif

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4060 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.